psme

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

Now that we've improved the Qobuz track title display, I realize this is very important as Chris said.  Previously I see duplicate albums on Qobuz, now I can see they're indeed different rather than duplicate.  For example, for The Carpenters, I see some Album Version and non-Album Version of the same albums.

Can anybody tell me is Album Version usually better, perhaps not meant for radio and therefore has less compression?  I googled a bit, read a few discussions, but not too sure.  Some claim that radio edit cuts something, so I thought Album Version might be longer, but I found a few albums to the contrary.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thanks Peter, I can try that. I do have large directories. I just thought it was strange that browsing is very fast for a few minutes, but then suddenly seems to stop responding altogether. 

On 11/15/2019 at 2:08 AM, wklie said:

@Vangelis You'll need to install MinimServer on the SonicTransporter if it's not already running:

188c1c40c3f744a4f7cb8a715f372f1eb3a9a109

Then you can select MinimServer as a library in the Lumin app.

My goal is to have a stable easy to streamer/server system. If I install MinimServer on the SonicTransporter will MinimServer run along side or simultaneously with Roon? 

>EtherRegen>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos Zenith MKII SE>Mojo Audio Mystique Evo DAC> Wireworld platinum 8 balanced interconnect>Aesthetic Mimas> Audience SX speaker cables>Magnapan 1.7‘Transparent Audio ethernet cable

@Vangelis You may need to confirm with SonicTransporter but I believe the answer is yes.  In Roon, you may need to tune the background audio analysis setting such that it does not use up all the CPU cores.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Am I missing something? In the LUMIN app, when browsing TIDAL and Qobuz, I see how you can add a track to Favorites, but I don’t see a way to add a track to one of my TIDAL or Qobuz playlists.

The LUMIN app has powerful **local** playlist-making functionality, but I don’t see how I can add anything to my TIDAL and Qobuz playlists.

• Is there a way to do something like “Add to Playlist” and then select the TIDAL or Qobuz playlist to add the track to?

Cheers,

Gus

Gus

If I remember what Peter told someone on another forum correctly it was to open that imported playlist in the Lumin app and then save it as a Lumin playlist and see if you can add to it then.  

12 minutes ago, JMD54 said:

Gus

If I remember what Peter told someone on another forum correctly it was to open that imported playlist in the Lumin app and then save it as a Lumin playlist and see if you can add to it then.  

But then it’s still a local playlist right?

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

If by local you mean it is now a Lumin playlist then yes.  At least that's the way I understood the explanation.

1 hour ago, Gus141 said:

Is there a way to do something like “Add to Playlist” and then select the TIDAL or Qobuz playlist to add the track to?

Please use this workaround, or try other OpenHome control app(s):

1. Clear Lumin current playlist
  2. Tap and hold the album art of Tidal / Qobuz favorite playlist to add everything to Lumin current playlist
  3. Save (export) current playlist to Tidal / Qobuz (use the same name if you want to overwrite the previous Tidal / Qobuz playlist)
  4. In the rare case the Lumin app cache of Tidal / Qobuz favorites is not refreshed, go to the top-level Tidal / Qobuz via the folder navigation button above the selection of views.  Then tap the top-level Tidal / Qobuz again.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thanks Peter, that works, but it is not the best way to just add one new song to an existing playlist in TIDAL or Qobuz.

No worries, I have other apps to do discovery and playlist creation (not to mention the native TIDAL and Qobuz apps) so not a big deal.

I’m a new U1 Mini user and I love the LUMIN app (and the U1 Mini).

Cheers,

Gus

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

@wklie Any idea these tracks are partially out of order? Also the first three have parentheses in the title. 

308731F0-5618-44F3-82CD-D360D8EFD38B.png

i notice that the genre's are different ("pop"  vs. "pop/rock") -- looks like it's sorting by genre then track number . . . 

source:  intel nuc8i5 (roon rock) > intel nuc6i5 (win 10, ao, roon bridge, dirac v1) > schiit yggdrasil (unison, analog 2)
headphone rig:  bryston bha-1 > senn hd600
two-channel rig:  bryston bha-1 > parasound a21 > kef reference 1

19 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Any idea these tracks are partially out of order? Also the first three have parentheses in the title. 

Typically Lumin app just shows what is given by a UPnP server for a selected view.  The sort order should be controlled by it, not Lumin app.  Please check whether it can be configured in a way you prefer.

Please use MinimServer freeware for the library if you're not using it.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

I think to improve the performance of Lumin U1 and replace the power supply. My choice of Paul Hynes SR5 or Clones Audio Power Station Deluxe. Does anyone have any comparison experience or any thoughts?

Please consider the official X1 power supply upgrade for U1.

If you wish to have someone custom make a LPS for you, please note the special DC connector.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Good review.  I concur.

Lumin X1, iFi PRO iDSD, iFi PRO iCAN, Questyle Twelve (Master), Marantz AV8805, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, Ultimate Ears UE-18, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

Interesting question.  Does Amazon Prime offer high quality audio?

Lumin X1, iFi PRO iDSD, iFi PRO iCAN, Questyle Twelve (Master), Marantz AV8805, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, Ultimate Ears UE-18, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

I will check it out!  Thanks!

On 12/1/2019 at 10:43 PM, wklie said:

Please consider the official X1 power supply upgrade for U1.

If you wish to have someone custom make a LPS for you, please note the special DC connector.

The next stop would be a power supply operating "off the grid" and on batteries only.

Any views on Amazon Music HD being added as a service?

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

I have read good  stuff on it but personally  i have never tried it because  its not on the Lumin app or  mconnect for my ps audio direct stream jr.  

I will say there is a difference  between  streaming services in sound.  I have tidal and qobuz both.  Since the lumin  does full mqa,  vs high rez from qobuz, to my ear qobuz beats it every time on both my rigs.  I would  be interested  in hearing  the difference  between  Amazon and qobuz.   

Den: Kef LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Lumin D1, Cayin SCD50T, Jolida D9, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7 IC

Livingroom: T+A PA1530 r Integrated Amplifier, L.K.S audio MH Da004, Tyler Acoustics Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal IC, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 Speaker cable. 

13 hours ago, msr said:

@wklie, Is there any chance of Amazon Prime in Lumin?

We'll investigate it, but no promise.  For the time being please use Amazon app on an iOS device to AirPlay to Lumin players.

In Firmware 11.7 we improved our AirPlay implementation for this.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead