IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

I am having an issue with my A1. My Lumin App on Ipad cannot see the Lumin. I have rebooted the Lumin, I have deleted and reinstalled the Lumin App. I had hit the rest button on the Lumin for 15 sec during startup to reset the Lumin.  It is on my network. I can see it from my router and ping it successfully. Previous this this (last weekend) everything was operating normally. I also tried accessing the Lumin from the Kinksy app..It could not see the Lumin either.

Is the next step to load the rescue firmware? If so...wherer do I get it and what is the process? Thanks

3 minutes ago, msr said:

I had a problem similar to Yours. In my network I have a modem and a router. The  app connects to the Lumin only if both are connected to the wifi modem.

Marcelo

Marcelo,

This has never been a problem before..I have a second router in bridge mode to give me the ethernet ports I need

for my NAS and Lumin. I have 8-port switch connected to the router to give me those ethernet ports close to equipment rack so I can use short cables. Thanks

Did you rebooted all the network accessories too? If not, you may try to shut down all network users (ie lumin, tablet, nas..) and network accessories (box, router, switch..) and reboot all in this kind of order:  box >router>switch>Nas>lumin>tablet

Best regards, Nicolas.

MSB Reference> Ypsilon Aelius 2 >Vivid G1 or Andra3

HQPlayer >Diretta DST>Holo May>Holo Serene>Kinki ex-m7>Leedh e2 glass or DIY (Davis/Heil).

Cool :) I had the same kind of issue when I had the A1, more a network congestion than a Lumin problem. Today I still make some off/on punishment to all network toys at the first sign of slowness or weird things...

Nicolas.

MSB Reference> Ypsilon Aelius 2 >Vivid G1 or Andra3

HQPlayer >Diretta DST>Holo May>Holo Serene>Kinki ex-m7>Leedh e2 glass or DIY (Davis/Heil).

Hi to you all,

Though I have been  absolutely satisfied with my S1 for two years is is time for me to upgrade. I have put my S1 up for sale together with my L1 library. If you’re interested., please look at my advertisement on hifi.nl. 

But this is not the reason for my post. Because I have used and sBooster linear PSU to power my L1 for te latest year, I put the original PSU in a storage box where I have several 12 V PSU’s. As you will understand I want to supply the L1 that I am selling with the original PSU. 

I can’t find any pictures of te original PSU on the internet. Can one of you please post a picture or a description of brand and model #?

Your help will be greatly appreciated and I would like to conclude with commending Lumïn for their excellent support and for their ongoing investment in keeping the Lumïn players up with the latest developments.

Kindest regards,

Ewan.

Lumin AMP

Matched styling. Unmatched performance.

160W per channel into 8Ω
320w per channel into 4Ω
2-channel design can be configured in Stereo, Dual Mono or Bridged mode
Class AB Amplification
Discrete Circuit
No global feedback
XLR and RCA analog inputs

It offers a clean sound, and is much better in driving difficult speakers than other amplifiers in its price class.

Its 200kohm high input impedance makes it easy to be paired with any tube or SS pre-amp, or direct from Lumin players.

More details to be shown in the website soon.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

The new Lumin X1 Flagship Network Player inherits all the features from S1 plus many improvements:

Dual ES9038Pro
DSD512
Femto Clock
New output stage
New power supply
Optical network (in addition to copper Ethernet network)
XLR, RCA, BNC-SPDIF, USB audio output (*)

The dynamics, imaging, and tonal quality are all improved from S1.

More details to be shown in the website soon.

* Only one output is active at any time.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

18 minutes ago, mav52 said:

If the X1 is a replacement or the flagship product as compared to the S1, then its $$$.  The S1 is $9800 US give and take a few bucks.  But I could be WRONG !

It's only money.  When I bought my S1 it was $12k USD.

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

6 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

Suggested retail price of the new flagship X1 is said to be $14.000 in the US.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Cheap at twice the price.  I'll take two!

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

As much as I’d love an X1 (hey, I’m not fussy, even an S1 would be more than welcome!), I’m just letting everyone know that there’s ‘life in the old dog yet’. I’ll explain...

A few years ago, I bought a Chord Hugo, mainly for mobile use. However, I couldn’t believe how good this little box of tricks sounded through my main system, especiallly when fed from my old Denon DNP-720AE streamer. The Hugo’s DAC just trounced on the poor Denon, which was relegated to ‘Transport Only’ mode. Which was no bad thing, really.

Anyway, fast-forward and a couple of years (and a good few pay-checks later!), I ended up with a Lumin D1 and a Chord 2Qute in my system. Hmmm... However amazing the D1 sounded, in certain circumstances and with certain types of music genres, the 2Qute added something special to the mix, which made ‘choosing’ between the two sources more difficult.

OK. Now this year. I now have a Lumin A1, and a Chord Hugo TT, which I bought mainly for headphone use, due to its built-in headphone amplifier. However, I have also had the chance to listen to the TT in my main system, fed via the TOSLINK from the A1. The verdict...??

In my system at least (a Linn Aktiv system), in comparing the A1 to the Hugo TT, there really is no contest in the end: Although there are differences in presentation and tonal balance between the two, and the Hugo TT is very, very good, the Lumin A1 wins hands-down overall.

Bravo Lumin! Keep up the good work!