IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

12 minutes ago, wklie said:

To find out whether it is more related to how L1 sees your album art, or it is more related to the app WiFi connection issues,  please try Linn Kazoo app and check whether it behaves the same or not.

I renamed the art file to folder.jpg and pulled up the album with Linn Kazoo with the same results... no art shown.

I also deleted and reinstalled the Lumin app.  The album does not show art on any of the locations that the Lumin app shows art.  Same with some other albums.

Music server: Two Lumin L1 music servers

Digital to Analog Converter(s): Lumin S1, two D1s and a D2

Amplifier(s): Peachtree Audio Grand Integrated

Loudspeakers: Martin Logan Summit X

Headphones: Stax SR-009

Headphone Amplifier(s): Woo Audio WES

9 minutes ago, AZ Craig said:

I renamed the art file to folder.jpg and pulled up the album with Linn Kazoo with the same results... no art shown.

After renaming the cover art to folder.jpg, please also rename the containing folder to something different.  This should trigger the L1 to re-setup the album art.  Please note that after disconnecting USB, L1 needs time to re-scan the whole HDD, which takes time depending on how many albums you have.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

11 minutes ago, wklie said:

After renaming the cover art to folder.jpg, please also rename the containing folder to something different.  This should trigger the L1 to re-setup the album art.  Please note that after disconnecting USB, L1 needs time to re-scan the whole HDD, which takes time depending on how many albums you have.

Some progress after changing the containing folder.  The art shows up in the upper left corner when the album is played, but not in the album view or the tiny icon next to the album name.

5 minutes ago, wklie said:

Please "Reload Music Library" in Lumin app.

I always do that when I re-connect the L1 to the network.  

Hi Peter,

i think my (our) problems must be related to the L1. My reasons for saying this is are twofold:

1.everything worked fine with my L1 until I reconnected the L1 after leaving it on the shelf for some time when I used the Qnap

2.the Qnap contains the very same files that are on the L1 and when I select Minimserver as my source everything is as it should be.

One other observation: When I reload the library on the Qnap I get a pop up screen showing the progress. When I reload the library on the L1 there is no such pop-up screen.

There seems to be no disk damage because the files are playing beautifully. I exclude WiFi issues as the culprit because both hard drives are wired to the same switch and I switch from one library to the other from the same iPad.

Kindest regards,

Ewan.

13 minutes ago, A1B said:

i think my (our) problems must be related to the L1.

First of all, please go into router settings to reserve an IP address in the DHCP server for the L1.

Then, please try the reset procedure here.

PROCEDURE TO RESET LUMIN L1
==========================

The following procedure tells the L1 to recreate its database from existing music in its HDD. Although this is not a format procedure and is not expected to cause data loss, having backup of your music is preferred.

1. Firstly, please connect the L1 to the computer via USB, and make sure the Trash is empty. Then safely remove the L1, then disconnect the USB.
2. Make sure USB is disconnected, and standby the L1
3. Unplug the power from L1
4. Press and hold the L1 power button
5. While still holding the L1 power button, plug in the power cord
6. Keep holding the L1 power button for about 30-40 seconds - during which observe the various LEDs blink. Keeping holding it until L1 finally stops blinking, or goes into Standby mode with red LED on.
7. Connect the L1 network cable (if it is not already connected)
8. If the red LED is on, press the L1 power button once to bring it online
9. After the L1 is online, please give it time to recreate the database (LED blinking).
10. Lumin app -> Settings -> Options under L1 -> Reload Music Library (If you have previously renamed the L1, the name is now reset to default)

Hopefully the above procedure should restore the L1 to working order.

If it does not, please use the following procedure to format the L1.

PROCEDURE TO FORMAT LUMIN L1
============================

Warning: All music or data file on the L1 will be lost after performing this format procedure.

1. If the drive is not brand new, connect L1 to a computer via USB to delete _ALL_ the partitions in the drive (using Disk Management if on Windows platform)
2. Connect the L1 network cable
3. Disconnect L1 USB
4. Boot up L1 and wait until the RED LED flashes
5. Hold the power button for 6 seconds

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Hi Peter,

My working day had started, so I will perform the procedures you mentioned tonight. 

Before I do so, I would like to have your guidance on the following:

I am using an Apple Macintosh as my desktop. If I want to reformat the L1, do I have to remove the Linux partition as well?

In the last couple of days I also tried to see if the settings for the L1 in the Lumïn App (remote access and UpnP settings) made any difference. Are these important in relation to my problems, and what settings should I use?

Regards,

Ewan. 

2 hours ago, A1B said:

I am using an Apple Macintosh as my desktop. If I want to reformat the L1, do I have to remove the Linux partition as well?

In the last couple of days I also tried to see if the settings for the L1 in the Lumïn App (remote access and UpnP settings) made any difference. Are these important in relation to my problems, and what settings should I use?

To reformat the L1, all the partitions have to be deleted, included the first Linux partition, and the second data partition for music data.  I would suggest you try the reset procedure (instead of the format) first.

The settings in Lumin app are not related to the problem you're having.

IP address reservation in router DHCP server, however, is potentially important.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

7 hours ago, A1B said:

Hi Graig,

I see I n your autograph that you have two L1 servers. Are both having the same problems?

Ewan..

I believe so but the second L1 is at my second home two hours away.  I haven't been to that house in six months so I can't confirm that but I think it had the problem.  Now that I know the proper L1 reset routine, my issues may be resolved.

Hi Peter,

I went through steps 1-9, nut the only option I get under the L1 tab is to remove the library. When I turn on remote access (the only other option available) I get the option to update.

is this behavior a tell tale of what’s the matter? And what choice should I make.

Kind regards,

Ewan.

9 hours ago, A1B said:

the only option I get under the L1 tab is to remove the library.

This may happen if the Lumin app considers a library to be offline.  In this case, make sure USB is disconnected from L1, network is connected, and L1 is powered on and completed its scanning (may take some time).  Then kill the app and re-open it.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

• 3 weeks later...

New T1 owner here.  Just set it up today. Sounding great right out of the box.  I am still feeling my way around the Lumin app as I have been used to the BluOS controller with my Node2...a little different look and feel.  My only real issue appears to be with TIDAL.  Although I have a hifi account when I open Tidal from the Lumin app I am not getting a tab for MASTERS.  I had this table on the BluOS and from the documentation I have read I should have this tab in the Lumin app.  The app is able to recognize MQA recordings and play them as such, I'm just missing that tab that contains MQA albums.  I have checked my Tidal account settings and everything appears ok. Any troubleshooting suggestions?

2 hours ago, randyhat said:

Although I have a hifi account when I open Tidal from the Lumin app I am not getting a tab for MASTERS.

Please double tap the Home button and swipe away the Lumin app, then relaunch it.

If you still don't see the Masters tab, please let me know which country you're in when you first created the Tidal account.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

3 minutes ago, One and a half said:

can MQA be disabled from a menu?

Lumin MQA can be set to Analog output mode (full MQA decoding), Digital output mode (MQA Core decoding), Passthrough (no decoding), or OFF (allows upsampling to DSD or others).

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead