IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

17 hours ago, One and a half said:

my family sub with Deezer was terminated just after a week in use. Just not interested in the music they offer. might go back to freebie Spotify, there's a better choice.

Please note that to use Spotify Connect to hardware players such as Lumin requires a Spotify Premium or Spotify Family subscription.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

@wklieWith the new D2 upgrading the D1, will a similar event happen for the T1/T2 to upgrade the processor for DSD128 or even higher capability? Which quarter of 2018 could this happen or plan to be?

Is a black edition of the cards for the T2?

Please try to be vague as possible, like May 17th, the advent of Munich high end.. ;) 

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

On 12/16/2017 at 12:39 AM, toetapaudio said:

Or you could use a Sbooster 12v ps for better SQ.

What's the current draw for the L1? I'm thinking to add the L1 to an interactive UPS with a Topaz line conditioner. The 12V linear supply can come from that system. If the Lumin player's power drops it may not be that critical, other than a write/read which may go astray, but a hard drive is another story. Given a 12V system, a large battery could also hold enough voltage until a controlled power off comes along.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

I think you could do better with a high quality surplus supply from an American manufacturer rather than the Chinese stuff.

VPI Classic II Benz Micro, Emotiva ERC-3, Auralic Vega, Modwright LS100 Pre, Wells Audio Inamorata, GR Research H Frame Sub, TWL, Transparent Audio, WyWire, MIT etc.

I noticed an issue today when streaming MQA from Tidal on my Lumin A1. It seems like all the MQA albums I am playing today are only decoding to 24/48, even ones that I have saved in my favorites that I know are 24/192 or the 2L label recordings that are 24/352. Is there some issue happening that you are aware of with decoding MQA today? Thanks

7 hours ago, Roy Boy said:

It seems like all the MQA albums I am playing today are only decoding to 24/48

Please look at the front panel to confirm the decoding to full MQA sample rate.  It may be a cosmetic bug with the app update.  We'll look into this further.  Thanks for report.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

has anyone had a noise issue with their Lumin? Mine has EMI issues (staticy/buzzy) I was able to reduce it but not eliminate it. Still very noticeable.

VPI Classic II Benz Micro, Emotiva ERC-3, Auralic Vega, Modwright LS100 Pre, Wells Audio Inamorata, GR Research H Frame Sub, TWL, Transparent Audio, WyWire, MIT etc.

9 hours ago, wklie said:

Please look at the front panel to confirm the decoding to full MQA sample rate.  It may be a cosmetic bug with the app update.  We'll look into this further.  Thanks for report.

I checked this morning and you are correct. The iPad app is incorrectly showing the MQA Sample rate. The display on the Lumin is accurately showing the MQA sample rate.

5 hours ago, mav52 said:

Both of mine are dead quiet. 

Are you using the stock ps? Or are you using a higher quality LPS

Thank you gentlemen for your replies. I will continue to investigate, but i have a suspicion. Ill share my findings after i have had a chance to analyze a bit more. Thanks again.

Ok so Santa just delivered my Linear Power Supply today. Sounds better. i would classify it as how a system sounds improved late at night when all the electrical noise is subdued. I have only a small amount of hiss/hum if I put my ear next to the speaker. i will do more listening.

Question, does anyone know of a setting in Lumin app to make it play song after song without stopping. I can only get it to play a single selection. 

I could be wrong but I think gapless playback is a function of the player, like Jriver, and not the LUMIN.  Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Then again, you may be talking about something completely different.

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

2 hours ago, jimbones said:

Question, does anyone know of a setting in Lumin app to make it play song after song without stopping. I can only get it to play a single selection. 

For gapless playback to work, the set of music files have to be encoded in the same sample rate in the same lossless format.  If you want to add the whole album to the Lumin playlist, tap and hold the album art on the Lumin app.  WAV, FLAC, AIFF, Apple Lossless, Tidal HiFi FLAC and MQA, Qobuz HiFi / Sublime will be gapless.  MP3 and AAC, Tidal Premium, Qobuz Premium will not played back as gapless.  There is no setting in Lumin app to control gapless or not.

If you use JRiver, then there are settings that affect gapless playback, but the playback still mostly follow the restrictions above.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

2 hours ago, BlueSkyy said:

I could be wrong but I think gapless playback is a function of the player, like Jriver, and not the LUMIN.

In case of JRiver, it depends on both JRiver and the Lumin hardware acting as a UPnP renderer.  I actually requested JRiver to change something a few years ago for this combination to work better.

For OpenHome (as used in Lumin app), it depends mostly on the Lumin hardware.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

I am not using JRiver. I have music in same sample rate/format. I only have Lumin app on my iPad. You mean I need another piece of software??

You don't need another software.  If you're using Lumin app to play in WAV, FLAC, AIFF, or Apple Lossless format, and if there is a gap between music, you'll need to check whether your music files include the gaps.  If they are MP3 files converted to lossless format, they'll still have gaps inside the music file.  If you have the original CD, please re-rip them.

Please confirm in Lumin app you see a whole bunch of music tracks of the same album in the correct order in the same sample in the same lossless format in the playlist on the left hand side, not just one music.

(Although this should not affect gapless, please turn off Re-Sampling in Lumin app.)

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead