IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

This is not a minimserver issue as the Lumin App behaves in the same manner using Auralic's Lightning Server. Just trying to determine if this is expected behavior.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

Few weeks ago I tried myself to use the Group property and what you describe seems to be the expected behavior.

... but I abandoned it to go back to Work tag that is a “true” index.

Group use has some constraints I didn’t like: tracks with the same Group must be consecutive and a Group cannot go across two disks.

To maintain the Work visibility I merged it in the Artist tag therefore I can see the Work in the single track details available on Lumïn app.

Stefano

My audio system

Stefano, thank you for your posts. I did read your thread in the minimserver forum and it did provide some help. I think the best approach for me is to not use the Group tag as it seems to be behaving differently depending on which control app is being used. It appears that Auralic is not using the Group tag in the same way as minimserver or the Lumin App. Best to keep things simple for now. Cheers!

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

I am pleased that another major manufacturer has announced a product that also includes optical Ethernet as found from Lumin X1. I think this validates the feature as being valuable and important, and reaffirms Lumin innovation in network audio streaming technology.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Fantastic!  Lumin is the leader of the pack!

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

4 hours ago, wklie said:

I am pleased that another major manufacturer has announced a product that also includes optical Ethernet as found from Lumin X1. I think this validates the feature as being valuable and important, and reaffirms Lumin innovation in network audio streaming technology.

Absolutely.

I always think about how far ahead Lumin was with its optical input. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I’m stumped. This morning the internet went down. I re booted the router and internet was back when it had re booted. UI Mini requested login to Qobuz, having obviously logged out. However, now I cannot log back in. Below is screen shot. This even after changing password, and copy pasting address and password, the same which works perfectly to log in to the website directly.  I switched of the Mini for a period and switched back on....no good.  In desperation I re set to factory setting the UI Mini via the app. No change.  I’m probably overlooking something but can’t figure. Help appreciated.

51179B20-E9EE-4BFD-8A77-4EFAD19A1B0D.png

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

@LiamPlease logout Qobuz from all your devices including family members' devices.  Using a browser or official Qobuz app, change your Qobuz password to alphanumeric, then logout.

Power cycle the whole network, starting from the router, and includes the Lumin and iPad.  Then login to Qobuz again with your new alphanumeric password.

If still fails, if you were using account name, try e-mail instead and vice versa.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

12 minutes ago, wklie said:

@LiamPlease logout Qobuz from all your devices including family members' devices.  Using a browser or official Qobuz app, change your Qobuz password to alphanumeric, then logout.

Power cycle the whole network, starting from the router, and includes the Lumin and iPad.  Then login to Qobuz again with your new alphanumeric password.

If still fails, if you were using account name, try e-mail instead and vice versa.

Thanks Peter very much. That worked. UI Mini logged in automatically without intervention by me presumably having memorised new login. Top class service 👏👏👏

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

Hello all - I searched this and other forums and wanted to make sure I have the most up to date information.

I'm about to buy a T2 and was hoping to integrate my Plex server and app to stream into the T2.

I am enjoying the Plex interface and the meta data it adds to media files it recognizes.

I'd love to use it with Lumin as I did with my old Cambridge Audio CXN.

Can anyone here help ? I'm also concerned on whether I can use the Plex to transport DSD files to the Lumin over LAN ?

Many thanks for your help and happy holiday to all !

Hi Peter, are there any plans to add a different radio service to Lumin?

In the uk tunein is very poor as it has none of the BBC stations due to an issue with the BBC and it has no stations from outside the uk since it lost a court case with Sony.

thanks

Pro-ject X2(Nakoaka MP150), Musical fidelity M3CDS, Lumin D2, Parasound Hint6, PMC twenty 23

On 4/2/2021 at 1:06 AM, nirw said:

I'm about to buy a T2 and was hoping to integrate my Plex server and app to stream into the T2.

I am enjoying the Plex interface and the meta data it adds to media files it recognizes.

I've not tested Plex so these are my guesses and not necessarily accurate.

It seems Plex has a DLNA server function so I guess you can use the Plex library with Lumin.

However, unless Plex operates as a UPnP controller I don't think you can use the Plex UI to control the Lumin.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

On 4/2/2021 at 7:20 AM, ZombieMelvile said:

is it Ok to leave the front panel display ,of the U1 Mini, on all the time (i.e.while not listening to music ) or better to turn the display off to prevent damage to the screen? Thanks

Most people use the Idle Sleep function.  If using Roon, use the Roon auto sleep setting instead.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

On 4/5/2021 at 5:59 PM, wklie said:

I've not tested Plex so these are my guesses and not necessarily accurate.

It seems Plex has a DLNA server function so I guess you can use the Plex library with Lumin.

However, unless Plex operates as a UPnP controller I don't think you can use the Plex UI to control the Lumin.

Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated !

My very first look at the new manual:

"For more information about the software-side of Music Servers, see Music Server Software."

...and I encounter a bad link...

481072371_ScreenShot2021-04-07at6_38_54AM.thumb.jpg.ca748a2dd312692fa1da244652fe717f.jpg

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

25 minutes ago, rodrigaj said:

My very first look at the new manual:

"For more information about the software-side of Music Servers, see Music Server Software."

...and I encounter a bad link...

481072371_ScreenShot2021-04-07at6_38_54AM.thumb.jpg.ca748a2dd312692fa1da244652fe717f.jpg

Thanks for the report. That line has now been removed. The linked section is not ready for publication just yet.

Associated with LUMIN - The Audiophile Network Music Player.

Spotify HD

Hello, own a D1+Sbooster. Signed up for the 30 day trial to try out Spotify HD. There was some mention of Lumin upgrading/supporting the new format prior to end of 2020, but can't find any further updates.

So, enabled Spotify on D1. Log on and changed Audio Quality to Very High.  I'm able to select music in the HD folder and it plays with no issues.  However, the display on the D1 remains as 320K like everything else.  I don't see any where to select HD as an option. I don't notice any sonic improvements.  Am I missing something or has perhaps Lumin not as yet released an update to Spotify HD?

I had tried it Mac mini > sms200 > dac and pretty sure a Spotify HD window came up. But before and take my system apart again, I would ask for clarification. 

Firmware 13.3, Stotify 3.110.44, App 8.6.14.1422

I have tried logging off all devices and power reboot to equipment.

Is anyone successfully getting Spotify HD on their Lumin? Thanks in advance,

Ed

1 hour ago, tubegem said:

So, enabled Spotify on D1. Log on and changed Audio Quality to Very High.  I'm able to select music in the HD folder and it plays with no issues.  However, the display on the D1 remains as 320K like everything else.  I don't see any where to select HD as an option.

On most devices, Spotify defaults to a variable ‘Automatic’ setting and offers four fixed playback tiers: 24 kbps (Low), 96 kbps (Normal), 160 kbps (High), and 320 kbps (Very High).

@tubegem Spotify HiFi is not yet launched.  Based on public news, it'll be some time later in 2021, and the pricing is unknown.  We are working to update our Spotify Connect implementation such that HiFi will be supported when needed.  At this time the best you can get is 320kbps, no matter what device you use, see here:

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/high-quality-streaming/

@alandbush This is not applicable to Lumin hardware.  Lumin Spotify Connect implementation does not allow a lower-than-best quality to be chosen at all.  This is to prevent an accidental misconfiguration causing a lower-than-best quality to be obtained.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead