IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

On 10/27/2020 at 9:53 AM, kzs70 said:

This sounds very promising, I will try it too...Thanks!

Edit: it seems they only have 4x1 version, 4 inputs and 1 output.

Ideally I would need 2x2 or 4x2, as I have a headphone power amp too, so need 2 outputs. I have Googled it but have not found a switch like that...

I also bought a Chinese unit called a Nobsound from Douk on eBay which has 2 or 3 inputs and 2 outputs, a combination of xlr and RCA sockets, very cheaply, on “the auction site”. Check them out too.

25 minutes ago, chungjh said:

the ER was working fine with the stock power supply until yesterday

drop @Superdad a line ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

On 11/1/2020 at 6:17 AM, vintageaxeman said:

Douk sometimes use the name Nobsound, sometimes they use Noobsound.

RCA or XLR (two sets available) inputs  to  RCA or XLR (two sets available) outputs.

I have one.

It works well, but I don't need it anymore if you want to buy it. PM me if so.

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 11.14.24.png

That's a nice looking little box.  It says it converts from RCA to XLR, etc.  Unless they use transformers internally, I don't believe that the benefits of a balanced connection such as common mode noise rejection, etc. would be realized but I could be wrong.

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

6 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

That's a nice looking little box.  It says it converts from RCA to XLR, etc.  Unless they use transformers internally, I don't believe that the benefits of a balanced connection such as common mode noise rejection, etc. would be realized but I could be wrong.

I think you’re correct there are no transformers in this one.

@wklie hello Peter,

just noticed that using an old iPad 2gen I cannot load more than 9999 albums (my library is quite huge: 11976 albums, using Minimserver)

This doesn’t happen with any other idevice I have (iPhone 7, iPhone 5, iPad 5gen).

Is that some hardware constraint or what else?

... it seems to me that the issue could be related to one of the last app update.

thank you

... edit ... and on this device (iPad 2gen) the app started crashing quite frequently ....

Stefano

My audio system

43 minutes ago, Philippe Bill said:

about Lumin.. are you planning the Lumin app for Logitech Media server alongside MinimServer?

I use the Lumin app with JRiver Media Center so it probably already works with Logitech although not probably not integrated as well as it is with MinimServer.

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

1 hour ago, Philippe Bill said:

are you planning the Lumin app for Logitech Media server alongside MinimServer?

The Logitech Media Server is primarily for Squeezebox type devices and the Lumin devices are OpenHome & standard UPnP/DLNA devices, not Squeezebox devices. However, LMS can (already) also be used as a UPnP/DLNA media server like MinimServer (requires you configure LMS to enable the UPnP/DLNA Media Interface LMS plugin), though you can only access your own music files that way and not internet radio or any of the online music services that LMS also provides when used in its normal mode of operation as a Squeezebox media server.

Is your question regarding the Lumin app for it to actually connect to LMS as a Squeezebox media server (to be able to access LMS's 'extra' online services) & by implication for the Lumin devices to also become Squeezeboxes?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Tunein Radio stations are missing in Lumin app despite being signed in, but all seems normal when Tunein accessed in browser. Help appreciated. Thanks. 

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.