IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

7 minutes ago, chungjh said:

Is anyone using a ground cable to connect X1 to their amp?  If so, can you recommend a good cable?

I am not using an independent ground cable other than possibly what the XLR cables and the power supply cable are supplying.  Are you experiencing the need for the cable such as hum, etc. or are looking for a possible tweak to help the sound?

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

👍  Let us know what you discover!

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

2 hours ago, chungjh said:

I don't have any issues

I have tried both with or without grounding withour hearing any differences. I was not expecting any either as I could not hear any issues without. If I should experience ground hum it could maybe be a solution to adjust ground potential problems. I guess this is why itbis there. If no issues, why bother. This is my view.

1 hour ago, EvilTed said:

@BlueSkyy

OnLogic don't offer SFP ports.

Neither do any of the Inter NUC based devices.

You will have to use Ethernet to a SFP module and convert it that way.

Their new Helix 600 has a graphics port in which I will install a PCIe SPF or SPF+ expansion card.

When I play an album from Qobuz and decide to add it to my favourites in the Lumin app, by click/holding the album icon  top left it does not appear in favourites in the app, but does appear in Qobuz favourites. Help appreciated.

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

Just made a discovery re above post. Yes the icons appear in Qobuz favourites, but when I clicked on all of them from this morning to reveal the tracks the heart icon, which confirms the album is a favourite, was not illuminated pink. I then clicked on the heart icon for each album illuminating it, and those favourites appeared in the Lumin app. Immediately.

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

I think this is the last in the series about this issue. I also find that say after a search of an artist that if an album in the search is put into favourites in the Lumin app it goes into favourites in the app and also into Qobuz with the heart ticked pink in Qobuz as expected. It seems only that the top left corner album icon does not fully communicate with Qobuz. 

On 10/10/2020 at 6:44 PM, Liam said:

When I play an album from Qobuz and decide to add it to my favourites in the Lumin app, by click/holding the album icon  top left it does not appear in favourites in the app, but does appear in Qobuz favourites. Help appreciated.

In Lumin app, please go to the top-level Qobuz view.  In the navigation button above the views, please select the top-level Qobuz again.  This forces a refresh of the Lumin app cache of Qobuz metadata.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

@wklieYes that all works, but as I do often, like to listen to a few tracks of an album in the search results before deciding to add an album to favourites and without having to return to the main search view, what I am finding is that the ‘add to favourites’ option in the top left icon does not fully work. What does happen is that the icon for the album selected appears in favourites in the Qobuz app, but no amount of refreshes works to bring that album into Lumin app favourites. What only works at that stage is to open the album from favourites in the Qobuz app and tick the ‘heart’ option to turn the heart pink, as despite the icon being in Qobuz favourites view, the heart has not been selected.  There is a disconnect between the apps. 

21E6E592-0435-4FDE-A7B3-11110DD61597.png

Peter

In the past, you recommended against putting the X1 power supply above X1. If this due to vibration interaction, how about putting vibration isolation between them? I ask because I would like to save some rack space. Has anyone actually tested whether the power on top actually lowers SQ, or is this a theoretical concern?

On 10/11/2020 at 5:09 PM, Liam said:

@wklieYes that all works, but as I do often, like to listen to a few tracks of an album in the search results before deciding to add an album to favourites and without having to return to the main search view, what I am finding is that the ‘add to favourites’ option in the top left icon does not fully work. What does happen is that the icon for the album selected appears in favourites in the Qobuz app, but no amount of refreshes works to bring that album into Lumin app favourites. What only works at that stage is to open the album from favourites in the Qobuz app and tick the ‘heart’ option to turn the heart pink, as despite the icon being in Qobuz favourites view, the heart has not been selected.  There is a disconnect between the apps. 

21E6E592-0435-4FDE-A7B3-11110DD61597.png

If you press Add To Favorite there, doesn’t it place the track ”Honeysuckle Rose” into Favourites/Tracks folder?

Isn’t this window just for choosing a particular track as a favourite, not a whole album. 

And the heart doesn’t turn pink in Qobuz before all the tracks have been selected = the whole album. 

Say NO to ROON

On 10/12/2020 at 3:02 PM, FIndingit said:

If you press Add To Favorite there, doesn’t it place the track ”Honeysuckle Rose” into Favourites/Tracks folder?

Isn’t this window just for choosing a particular track as a favourite, not a whole album. 

And the heart doesn’t turn pink in Qobuz before all the tracks have been selected = the whole album. 

You are correct.  I think I had a wrong expectation for the track to appear in favourites. It does appear in tracks, which did not occur to me. 🙄

In Lumin App 7.0, where did the Info button go? The one which allows you to go to LastFM in a pop up window, it is no longer available for Qobuz or Tidal. I used to use it a lot, and am missing this feature desperately. Extremely handy to check info on new releases on both streaming services.

best regards

1 minute ago, Easterman said:

In Lumin App 7.0, where did the Info button go? The one which allows you to go to LastFM in a pop up window, it is no longer available for Qobuz or Tidal. I used to use it a lot, and am missing this feature desperately. Extremely handy to check info on new releases on both streaming services.

best regards

Never mind, rebooting the IPad it is still there, a strange glitch ;-)

On 07.10.2020 at 09:18, Ropet said:

Предлагаете ли лучше или лучше остановиться на ноутбуке с внешним жестким диском? 

I really liked the sound when a laptop with minimserver, with the settings - the network bridge is connected directly to the streamer.

Airplay issue.

I used to airplay from my Apple TV to my D2, however it no longer shows as an option.

I can airplay directly from iPhone or IPad.

Seems strange it sees my SKY TV box but no LUMIN

I wonder if Apple removed a function, was quite handy for streaming Apple Music.

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

@wklie

Just bought a preowned U1 (not mini) and have some questions about the outputs.

USB 1 and 2 can't be used together (i.e., to two different DACs). Correct?

USB can be used with any other output to two different DACs. Correct?

Toslink and SPDIF can be used together. Correct?

I ask because I want to avoid fiddling in the back and having to redo connections. I am not a fan of the back overhang and have learned with my A1 to get the connections done right the first time.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

For both the U1 and U1 MINI:

• Only one USB DAC can be connected.  The other USB port may be used for the Lumin USB IR receiver for physical remote control or a USB thumb drive.
  • When a USB DAC is detected, the non-USB outputs no longer have correct timing.  So one DAC only.
  • When a USB DAC is not detected, AES / BNC / coaxial / toslink can be used together simultaneously, up to 4 DACs.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead