IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

1 hour ago, wklie said:

A few users have tried changing the fuse, and they are happy with their choices.  Changing the fuse does not void Lumin warranty.

The Lumin fuse is a 2A fast blow (not applicable to Lumin M1).

If I remember correctly, for the world first review of Lumin X1, the reviewer installed his own favorite fuse before he started to review it.  He did not do an A/B comparison of the fuse though.

Good to know!  Thank you!

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

3 hours ago, wklie said:

A few users have tried changing the fuse, and they are happy with their choices.  Changing the fuse does not void Lumin warranty.

The Lumin fuse is a 2A fast blow (not applicable to Lumin M1).

If I remember correctly, for the world first review of Lumin X1, the reviewer installed his own favorite fuse before he started to review it.  He did not do an A/B comparison of the fuse though.

@wklie What length is the fuse please?

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

Most certainly.  The physical size remains the same however.

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂

11 minutes ago, chungjh said:

Does the benefit of this apply to X1?

Not without some major, warranty crushing modifications.  This looks to be a fuse holder and not simply a replacement fuse.

Plasma is still the best out there IMHO.  Blackest blacks of all the technologies.  My 20 y.o. Panasonic rocks.

The "black" one of course.  (And with that I will stop my fused reaction)

17 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

Plasma is still the best out there IMHO.  Blackest blacks of all the technologies.  My 20 y.o. Panasonic rocks.

Amen.  I am not looking forward to the day when my Panasonic plasma set goes to plasma TV grave yard.  They are no more.

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

Hello I'm new to Lumin as well as to this site.

I recently purchased a used Lumin D1 with initial hopes of using if for streaming Tidal and later building in a networked drive for my FLAC files (which I used to access from a computer).

My problem is that the iPad app is not finding or recognizing my Lumin (the app is basically blank and under settings - choose your Lumin - there are no options). I've connected the D1 to the router and it's getting a signal. If unplugged it says network error. When plugged in it lists a song and artist which I'm guessing might be a remnant from the previous owner. The iPad is connected to the same network via a mesh wifi system (not sure if that makes a difference). 

I suspect that this question may already have come up in the 100+ pages of this thread but my searches haven't been very effective to date.

Many thanks for any help or suggestions.

24 minutes ago, dark said:

I tried a lot, different hardware fuses, in the end I liked Synergistic Research BLACK Fuse the most.

Did you try Orange?  I find Orange easily trumps Black, Blue, and everything else in most components.  Orange seems to have the rare combination of higher resolution AND greater ease in presentation and natural sound.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

30 minutes ago, onethousandanswers said:

Hello I'm new to Lumin as well as to this site.

I recently purchased a used Lumin D1 with initial hopes of using if for streaming Tidal and later building in a networked drive for my FLAC files (which I used to access from a computer).

My problem is that the iPad app is not finding or recognizing my Lumin (the app is basically blank and under settings - choose your Lumin - there are no options). I've connected the D1 to the router and it's getting a signal. If unplugged it says network error. When plugged in it lists a song and artist which I'm guessing might be a remnant from the previous owner. The iPad is connected to the same network via a mesh wifi system (not sure if that makes a difference). 

I suspect that this question may already have come up in the 100+ pages of this thread but my searches haven't been very effective to date.

Many thanks for any help or suggestions.

The ipad can browse the internet via wi fi? If yes, then maybe the Lumin app is broken. Remove it and re-install. 

Its possible that the D1 and ipad are different versions, Lumin is always set for DHCP, from the description the device looks OK.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Quote:  "Did you try Orange?  I find Orange easily trumps Black, Blue, and everything else in most components.  Orange seems to have the rare combination of higher resolution AND greater ease in presentation and natural sound."

Orange "trumps" Black, Blue and everything else?  (I really have to stop watching so much politics on the telly).

3 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

Quote:  "Did you try Orange?  I find Orange easily trumps Black, Blue, and everything else in most components.  Orange seems to have the rare combination of higher resolution AND greater ease in presentation and natural sound."

Orange "trumps" Black, Blue and everything else?  (I really have to stop watching so much politics on the telly).

Haha, I know Chris frowns on political comment here, but just so there is no mistake, I believe in globalism, unity, and equality.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

11 hours ago, onethousandanswers said:

The iPad is connected to the same network via a mesh wifi system (not sure if that makes a difference). 

This is critical.  Please tell me the brand / model of your router, and what mesh WiFi system are you using.

Most importantly, your mesh system must be running in bridged mode otherwise it won't work due to "Double NAT" failure.  It also needs to be configured to transmit multicast packets, usually related to one or more IGMP settings.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

27 minutes ago, Ropet said:

Roon Ready but not certified

Roon Ready devices *are* Roon certified ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

2 hours ago, Ropet said:

Will the Roon "Uncertified banner" hit Lumïn September 21st? As far as I understand Lumïn is Roon Ready but not certified, or...?

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/uncertified-roon-ready-devices-announcement/120298

Absolutely problem.

The whole Lumin network player / transport product line is certified, see this Roon Labs official list:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Partner_Devices_Matrix

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead

Absolutely no problem.  Great to hear.