IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

I do like the look and design. My concern is the lack of flexibility. There do not appear to be any digital inputs. So this would be a stand alone network player and nothing more.

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

Thanks for the interest! :)

LUMIN is a dedicated network music player. The real power of LUMIN is it's DAC circuit and analog output stage.

A friend sold his Antelope Eclipse 384 DAC + lsochrone 10M Clock and now using only LUMIN with a better sound.

Another friend with a full (4 boxes) set of dCS Scarlatti also likes the LUMIN better.

It is likely that you may find the LUMIN alone sounds better than your whole digital chain.

If the DAC section is so good it is a shame there are not more inputs.

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

LUMIN plays audio files, from mp3 to DSD, 44.1khz to 384khz/32bit. IMO there is no shame in that!

I've most of my music in files, including SACD (PS3 rip) and vinyl rip in DSD using a KORG recorder. If you haven't, you should start! :D

What about Internet radio or Internet streaming? Seems like the Lumin could not be used here. There are a lot of other streamers out there that play these same file types you have listed, but also do more.

If the DAC section is so good, why are there only outputs to send its music to a external DAC and no inputs to drive other material to its DAC section? The design seems contrary to what your are stating. Obviously I have not heard it so cannot comment on the sound, but again the design seems out of sorts to me.

There are a lot of other streamers out there that play these same file types you have listed, but also do more.

I'd love to know of other DSD (DSF format) streamers out there. Which ones come to mind?

Ted you are correct that DSD is really no well supported out there. I guess I was having an issue with the statement universal audiophile streamer. If you change that to most universal file format streamer then I think you can make an argument.