IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

New here.  Just got my X1.   I upgraded from a PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge II.    This was very much plug in play as I was already using the Lumin App with Bubble uPnp and my Synology NAS with Minimserver.

Couple of suggestions for the App and IR Remote.   I apologize if they have been requested already.

1.  Please incorporate the universal iOS widget for Pause, Next Track, Previous track when the iPhone or iPad is locked and the screen is touched.  Even the Synology DS Audio App does this and it works with my iWatch as well.   

2.  If you haven't done so already, please publish the IR codes with Logitech so I can pull them from the Harmony database.   I have a pre-amp and would like to program my Harmony remote to handle the volume/mute on my pre-amp then things like next track/previous track/Standby/Wake up on the Lumin via the IR module.

7 minutes ago, m5sime said:

FYI I too asked for the iOS features in Lock Screen and it was fed back as not relevant for the LUMIN customers. I have this feature with Sonos and it’s very useful !! 

I use Sonos as well and the standardized feature.   Often, for one reason or another I just want to move to the next track or pause with the minimum amount of fuss and interaction.  Doesn't seem like a tall order when the control is already part of the dev toolset.   Not like were reinventing the wheel here 😊 .

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
14 hours ago, wklie said:

Do you mean the Lumin IR remote control (with USB receiver)?

If that's the case, could you try using Lumin app and press Next Track button while Plexamp is playing, see if it results in the same problem?

What platform of Plexamp are you using?

We tested the latest Android Plexamp with P1 remote next track, and it works as expected.

Yes, I was using the Lumin IR Remote with USB.

No, I have not tested via the Lumin App itself.

I was using PlexAmp on my iPad Pro with the lastest public beta of IOS.

I can get more specific if you want, not next to my devices at the moment.

On 5/31/2023 at 6:05 PM, wklie said:

We tested the same operation on a completely different setup with the Lumin USB IR receiver, with expected results.

Please update PlexAmp app to the latest.

Thanks for the reply.  I will retest this weekend and let you know.  I was already running the latest of Plex & Plexamp. 

7 hours ago, gbr said:

I have a general question regarding Plex: The Plex homepage can not make it clear to me.

What is the advantage of Plex when using it for music only? Where is the difference to using the lumin app together with minimserver?

And where is the difference to Roon? (I am not using Roon yet, but I have an idea where the advantages of Roon are compared to simply using an UPnP server for streaming, because of all the imported meta data and the combination of local files with streaming providers like qobuz, etc.)

Is anybody experienced with Plex and can do a comparison?

I would say the Plex/PlexAmp is the poor man's Roon but it does a lot of other things that Roon doesn't do and is geared for people that have existing Music Libraries and/or Tidal.   I found myself cycling through the same old stale playlists with the Lumin App and minimserver.  Now I get fresh amazing ad-hoc playlists and have rediscovered stuff that I forgot I had.   

Check out this video on PlexAmp.   

It does a good deep dive as to what PlexAmp brings to the table.   

I bit on Plex when the Lumin integration was announced.  PlexAmp has an app for all platforms which is a plus if you want to manage your library from a PC.   

On 5/31/2023 at 6:05 PM, wklie said:

We tested the same operation on a completely different setup with the Lumin USB IR receiver, with expected results.

Please update PlexAmp app to the latest.

Hi Peter,

Tested again today.  I was not able to replicate the issue toggling back and forth between track changes on the Lumin IR remote and the iPad PlexAmp app.  Must have been a glitch in the Matrix.