IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

great to hear, I came across it only 2 months ago in a  forum recommendations and have since been reading much about it 

currently my system is building up, I use Synthesis Roma AC 510, 80W, valve amp,  B&W 805D speakers and I will be using U1 Mini to feed into  the DAC inside my Naim uniti2 . also own Rega 3 Planner, Chord Signature interconnect and Chord Epic speaker cables I'm planning to invest in Denafrips Venus II or Holo Audio Spring II (Both R2R DACs)

hoping to finally have a musical sounding system with the aid of Lumin Mini 

streaming from Qobuz and Tidal and some NAS files 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, first post here, Just received my Lumin u1 mini and hooked it up.I have few question if you could help would be great

-should lumin Volume control be on or off , and if on then what level should it be , I currenly have it on at 90!

-Lumin screen reads "Mute" ,also the app shows the same on the upper right corner of the app screen , this doesn't change if I press on it.

-I understand that Leedh processing volume will be something to try for a bit to see what difference dose it make , is that what everyone doing or should I leave it on 

-I stream mainly from Roon which works fine, but I tried streaming from my iPhone 12pro using Tidal and Qobuz but I don't see Lumin Mini unless I play via airplay , is there a way that Lumin App will play Tidal and Qoubz from within the app itself?

Apologies for all that newbie questions

15 hours ago, wklie said:

Please start with Volume Control OFF.  Only after you're familiar with the operation and are prepared to do A/B comparison against another volume control in your playback chain should you turn it on.

If the app does not correctly show the behavior of U1 MINI, please double tap iOS home button, swipe away the Lumin app and relaunch it.

Tidal Qobuz are accessed from within Lumin app, not via Tidal app or Qobuz app.  Spotify is only accessible with Spotify app.

Thanks Peter that is great advice ,will adjust things now

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, sonodynesrp205 said:

At first I thought about the Lumin D2 (all on one solution), I also like the T1 (used), but somehow I am most drawn to the U1 mini and Pontus II.

regards,
Simon

Simon how are connecting them, I am waiting for Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU to connect the Mini and Terminator , I dont hear much praise for USB connection

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering if there is a way to add an album or playlist to favorites inside the lumin app, I can do that through Tidal and Quobz apps but If a play  a new album through Lumin App, and I happen to like it, I can't find a way to add it favorites in lumin app, is this  feature  available in the app

thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, ericuco said:

There is a large thread on optical networking if interested. That said, the Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL single mode SFP modules are popular and provide good results in terms of SQ. You will need single mode cable (usually yellow in color) with LC-LC connectors.

Thanks so much , so if I understand correctly fiberoptic cable is used instead of copper wire  or RJ-45 into the module mentioned above

57 minutes ago, Blake said:

To further confuse things, just a note that while Lumin does not support SFP+ connected directly to the chassis of the Lumin, using SFP+ further upstream of the Lumin works fine. 

For example: 

Router/Wifi Extender > copper > switch > SFP+ module > optical > SFP+ module > switch > copper > Lumin.

So what that means is I can safely use SFP module + optical cable or SFP module plus Copper cable but no SPF+ direct between the Lumin 2 and my media converter /switch

On 4/12/2023 at 4:00 PM, wklie said:

Please use the SFP (not SFP+) modules suggested by other members here, or those listed in Lumin web site along with a Corning fiber.   I'm not quite clear whether you mean the switch has SFP and RJ-45 or SFP+ and RJ-45, but even if your switch is SFP+, it usually (but not always) accepts SFP modules.

Please keep in mind that with a TP-Link switch, if you find that its SFP does not work, please change its duplex mode setting.

On 4/15/2023 at 10:22 PM, roadCingKlassik said:

Yes, plz

U1 MINI

TIA

Thanks so much, Peter the switch I have is only SFP, not SFP+

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...