IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

New U1 Mini user here...  And I love it...  It would be nice to be able to access internet radio stations that provide streaming feeds at a higher resolution then the Tunein service provides...  For instance several stations at SomaFM and Radio Paradise provide streaming at AAC 128 and/or Lossless FLAC @ up to 320...  Is there a way to just tell the U1 Mini where a stream is outside of TuneIn via a direct http address?  If not maybe take this as a feature request...  Even 10 favorite direct stations/streams would be amazing...

PS - Thank you for an outstanding product...

A digital dude trapped in an analogue body...

MacBookPro (Roon or Audirvana or MinimServer) > Wifi/ethernet > or iPhone Xs (Lumin App) > Wifi/ethernet > Lumen U1 Mini > Chord Qutest > PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Tubed Pre > McIntosh MC152 SS Amp > Martin Logan ESLs > Treated Room...

Airplay does not support the speeds described above and it is just crazy to suggest I tie up my cell phone in the process...  And thanks for your support...

MacBookPro (Roon or Audirvana or MinimServer) > Wifi/ethernet > or iPhone Xs (Lumin App) > Wifi/ethernet > Lumen U1 Mini > Chord Qutest > PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Tubed Pre > McIntosh MC152 SS Amp > Martin Logan ESLs > Treated Room...

Again, I would suggest there are stations/streams that support AAC 128 and/or Lossless FLAC @ up to 320...

128 and/or 320 > 44.1...

• 3 weeks later...

F208Frank, Thank you for asking this question...  In my opinion, with my system, room, ears and brain, Roon seems to sound a touch warmer when streaming local music files and Qobuz...  I don't necessarily like it any better or worse as it is a very slight touch of warmth...  I stream native and don't up or down sample or filter anywhere in the pipeline...  I would like to add that Roon does handle Internet Radio stations better in that Roon gives one the opportunity to stream at multiple speeds/resolutions native to the station you are streaming from...  Tune-in does not allow this which is pretty disappointing for me...  All I seem to be able to find are AAC and MP3 with the Lumin App/Tune-in while Roon suggest there are several formats/speeds available like FLAC, AAC and MP3...  I have only recently tried Roon and other than tying up my laptop I am liking Roon so far just for the Internet Radio capabilities...  For Qobuz and local file access the Lumin App/MinimServer is fine...

• 1 year later...

Would it be possible to allow us users to enter our own "Station Name" and "URL"?  A list limit of 10 or 20 would do nicely...

By the way...  Thank you for all of your excellent support!!!

17 hours ago, wklie said:

For AAC/MP3 radio stations, you may enter a URL via TuneIn custom URL function from TuneIn mobile apps (but not web or desktop app).

I am well aware of TuneIn and its shortcomings...  And I still believe that it would be nice to directly enter a handful of custom URLs instead of asking you to hardcode them into an app, be them AAC/MP3 or FLAC...