IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

@wklie having a weird issue with the U1 mini. If I connect only RCA coax, my DAC shows synced the music plays (thru lumin app) but no sound. If I stop music. Connect usb, it works fine, then it will work if I switch over to RCA input on my DAC. But then I get some crackling or noise. 

ive tried only having RCA connected and rebooting lumin, but that doesn’t work. 

using the same digital rca cable on my CD player I have no issues between it an my DAC. 

On 3/5/2020 at 6:57 PM, wklie said:

@Kray Please try different sample rate music - 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz.  If you don't have that many, use the Lumin custom re-sampling to upsample 44.1kHz to 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz.

Another thing to try is different inputs to your DAC, e.g. toslink.

Please also try another cable.

thanks. I’ve tried several sample rates and different cables. Two different rca coax and an optical. If I disconnect everything. Turn off DAC and lumin. Reboot with only a rca cable connected. DAC shows it’s connected over rca. Lumin will play music but no sound. The only way to get sound from Rca is to connect usb at same time. Once i do that I switch the usb on DAC it works, then I can switch the rca and it works. 

warranty ends in a week so need to get this resolved or replaced. 

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I’ve missed something but when looking at an album in the lumin app with the tracks displayed. How to I play the full album? Only way I can figure out is to back out to the albums view and long press to add entire album to playlist. 

on Linn app there is a “play” button on the inside of album view to play the whole album. 

DA2128A2-EE36-4516-A0F7-8B657FD4C024.png

12 hours ago, wklie said:

If you are in the view with a list of tracks with the album title above them, please tap and hold the album title.

im only using Qobuz and Tidal, in the view below there is only one place with “album title” which the blue arrow is pointing to. Holding that down does nothing. 

A9AFAA1D-359E-477E-904B-9EB048AFC2DA.jpeg

2 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

click on gear icon > scroll down to Group by album in Playlist > click "ON".

Now try to click on album display. That should chose the entire album's tracks. If you have chosen "double tap" this should allow multiple ways to move the chosen tracks.

I do have that turned on but 

Problem is not the playlist section. It’s getting a full album INTO the playlist while viewing the album with all its tracks listed.

basically if I’m viewing the album with tracks.... I have to back out to all albums view, then long press to add the whole album. I want to be able to add the whole album to the playlist from the track listing view of the album

DC0926C4-5C91-44C0-8762-6000CB50326C.png

Ok so I see the single tap vs double tap option which technically works....(Thanks @Ropet)

I’d have to click one song, then choose the “select all” button, then whichever “play” button

For ease of use I’d think there could/should be a simple “play all/album” or whatever from the track list view. The Linn app has this (see my post above with pic)

36EF7D98-1F11-4931-B5B4-7E41B70FDF19.jpeg

1BD9BF9B-D9A0-435D-AC43-2C5207396E24.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, chungjh said:

My internet download speed is fluctuating from 20 mbs to 200 mbs depending on the time of the day. I have my Lumin X1 connected directly by ethernet to the modem. Obviously faster the download speed the better, but does anyone know the download speed below which the SQ decreases?

it wouldn’t be a “decrease in quality” it would either work or not. You’d have skips and silent parts while the player buffers. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...