IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

• 2 weeks later...

You can have two L1s, but you can only point the app to use one of them one at a time.  I just swapped out the hard drive in my L1 for a 4TB one.  Works great!

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers

• 1 month later...

The S1 has an internal power supply and wouldn’t be able to use an external one.

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers

40 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

My S1 has an external power supply.

My S1 does too.  I misspoke,!  I was thinking of my Lumin D2.

• 1 month later...

You need to ensure the integrated amp is fully balanced design.  Some are and some aren't.  The Lumin D2 is a fully balanced design 

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, skikirkwood said:

A Raspberry Pi and Yggy combo will give you much better SQ for less $$$. :)

You obviously have never hear a Lumin U1, S1 or X1.  

• 5 months later...
24 minutes ago, kelly200269 said:

As someone who uses Roon with my A1, I can attest to the fact that Roon does not degrade the SQ of streamed Tidal files, compared to when using Tidal within the Lumin app. They sound identical. I think the reason for that is Roon’s RAAT. In essence, Roon default’s to the Lumin’s master clock, so Roon doesn’t ‘add or take anything away’ from the streamed files (unless you engage Roon’s DSP, of course).

When you use Roon, the Roon Core (operating in either a PC/Mac/Nucleus, or in a NAS) directs the digital stream to a Roon endpoint, of which your U1 is one.

There is NO degradation in SQ when using Roon, IMO.

I think it comes down to how resolving your system is meaning user with higher resolving systems claim to hear a difference.

I’m not claiming there is a difference in sound, I’m just relying on other people’s feedback in numerous forums that they hear a difference.   I don’t know if they were engaging DSP or not.

• 11 months later...
On 2/26/2020 at 2:07 PM, dark said:

The competitors are no worse, in addition, the lumin s1, a1 have very poor overtones, not a natural timbre, clinical sound, a flat stage, it quickly tires, you have a simple perception if you like Lumin.

Wow!  Spoken like someone that has damaged hearing.  What streamer do you own that you like better, or are you just trolling?