IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

On 4/9/2021 at 2:11 PM, Kray said:

Just wanted to share an experience. I have a U1 Mini and it’s been the only streamer I’ve had that is equal to my cd transport. 

I recently dabbled in building a pi2AES ropieee endpoint, using AES to my DAC. At first it sounded similar to Mini, but best way for me to judge is long term use over a couple weeks. So afterwards I found the pi2AES was just missing something. Some of my favorite tracks/albums just didn’t seem as enjoyable. It was small but I could tell. 

I added the Mini back in and the happiness is fully back. I’m planning on adding an ext LPS next. 

but to end. For $300 the pi2AES is pretty amazing gear, especially with a AES digital output. You’d expect the Lumin to beat it at 7x the price. But there’s been so much talk of these RasPi decides I thought I’d check it out for myself. 

I’m a happy Lumin owner and the support has been phenomenal. 

3E4CE552-8273-44A8-9E38-0AB5FBFB8AF8.jpeg

So nice to see someone comparing performance to CD. This is what it’s all about isn’t it? To bring digital file player performance closer to CD. I honestly think that many audiophiles are still in the “lets-get-this-working” phase, - and “wow, - isn’t this convenient.”