IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

I have the same configuration

I think the problem could be due to Bubbleupnpserver, it is quite slow in retrieving the streamer ... did you shut down the SOtM?

Sometime I have observed that, after a reboot of the streamer, Lumïn app still show the streamer but Bubbleupnpserver not yet and this is causing the crash of the app

hope this can help

Stefano

My audio system

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Vangelis

It seems to me that the comparison is a little unbalanced. Sonore and SOtM are very similar in terms of functionality but Lumin U1 mini is a machine with many more features ... it would seem to me to compare apples and oranges.
I have SOtM SMS 200 Neo (not Ultra) and I find that it works very well despite not having linear power, the improvement of SQ compared to Mac + Audirvana has been remarkable for me.
Regarding the Sonore and SoTM features, they have very similar sw, it has the same origin even if SoTM then followed its own path, they offer MPD UPNP/DLNA roon Ready HQPlayer NAA LMS/Squeezelite Shairport Bubbleupnpserver and just the SOtM Librespot and Minimserver.
I think the comparison should be made on the availability of streaming services such as Qobuz, Tidal (MQA) etc ...
I am not very interested in Tidal and Qobuz but I have tried Tidal these days and, as far as I have been able to understand, the service is accessible only for cd quality, MQA is not available. Furthermore, the availability of navigation options is rather poor compared to the original Tidal app.
I can imagine that Sonore is also on the same level, but I could be wrong.
Very different is the Lumin U1 mini that I do not own but of which I have carefully read the specifications.

I use use the Lumin app which I find exceptional.
Lumin allows you to upscale to DSD, access the most popular streaming services and Web Radios and on paper it is perfectly compatible with Tidal MQA. Last but not least the fact that users talk about it very well also in terms of SQ.
The support offered directly by Lumin on this forum is also effective, precise and almost immediate (considering the time difference).

That said my vote is for Lumin U1 mini

Stefano

My audio system

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@wklie

Hello Peter,

I’m using Lumin app with great satisfaction and Minimserver as upnp server.

I’ve just realized that there is a little incongruity between Artists and Album Artist in the app.

When I open a track details I can see listed all the Artists (*) for the track but if I tap on one of them I receive a Not Found warning.

If I tap on the Artist icon (**)(the one as an half body) in the row of icons just above the albums window I find all the albums ordered by Album Artist, and doing a search I can find Album Artists only.

I could find a trick to solve this issue: I removed the AlbumArtist tag from the indexTag property in MinimServer and violà ... tapping on any Artist in the track details (*) I can now find the list of albums for that Artist.

This leads me to think that the app behavior could be:

if the AlbumArtist tag exists then it is stored under the Artis icon (**)

if the AlbumArtist tag doesn’t exist then the Artist tag is used

Am I right? ... this is the incongruity I was referring to.

But the trick I used seems to lead to a little bug: 

tapping on an Artist in the track details (*) bring to an incomplete list of albums, indeed if I use the Minimserver Artist “folder” I can retrieve more albums than listed in the other mode, but not always (!!!)

I hope I was understandable, the explanation is a bit complicated

thank you

edit .... forgot to specify that I’m using the last version  of Lumin app on iPad 5gen. iPadOS 14 (was the same on iPadOS 13.xx)

Stefano

My audio system

• 1 month later...

@wklie hello Peter,

just noticed that using an old iPad 2gen I cannot load more than 9999 albums (my library is quite huge: 11976 albums, using Minimserver)

This doesn’t happen with any other idevice I have (iPhone 7, iPhone 5, iPad 5gen).

Is that some hardware constraint or what else?

... it seems to me that the issue could be related to one of the last app update.

thank you

... edit ... and on this device (iPad 2gen) the app started crashing quite frequently ....

Stefano

My audio system

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Few weeks ago I tried myself to use the Group property and what you describe seems to be the expected behavior.

... but I abandoned it to go back to Work tag that is a “true” index.

Group use has some constraints I didn’t like: tracks with the same Group must be consecutive and a Group cannot go across two disks.

To maintain the Work visibility I merged it in the Artist tag therefore I can see the Work in the single track details available on Lumïn app.

Stefano

My audio system

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

obsessive/compulsive

…. it’s a “common disease” … ;-)

I have master copy where I save my rips/downoloads and keep them organized using Yate, this first copy is never used to play music.

I then make two copies (using freefilesync which allow incremental/just modified copies), one is the “copy in operation” managed Minimserver (on a dedicated Nuc8i3/Ubuntu) and the other one is a real offline second backup.

I don’t use nas but just usb or thunderbolt hdd

Stefano

My audio system

2 hours ago, One and a half said:

I don't think it matters either way now. For a little while Minimwatch was working fine, then stopped. Firewall rules haven't changed, Minimserver is still running. Sick of debugging, honeymoon's over. Deleting minimX, had enough. 

Why don’t you ask Simon here?

https://forum.minimserver.com
Simon is always very fast and effective in troubleshooting and helping to find a solution to any issue, I can say his success is around 99% (!!!)

Unfortunately Windows is an OS full of “idiosyncrasies”, but the problem is Windows and not Minimserver

… after all minimserver is the best available upnp server

Stefano

My audio system