IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see. If there is a server available, it will open the “Select a Music Library” window OR show the previously chosen server contents, even if it is offline. If there are no servers AND no server has been selected on previous visits, it will not pop up or revert to library. That’s new.

Now we just need the “always stay on last chosen music source”. Please.

Say NO to ROON

• 5 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Ropet said:

Thanks, @One and a half. I will contact Bosch referring to your tip.

At the same time I did not have this issue with AES. I guess it is less sensitive (higher voltage?) than USB. But for USB I lost contacts many times per day during my first months with Lumin. But since approx 2 weeks using USB again it has worked with no hick ups. The only changes made is new version 13/13a. Could not USB connections be more or less sensitive against HF noise?

Did you possibly use ISO Regen between Lumin and dac before? I have it between Lumin U1 Mini and Gustard U16. Every time I switch off lights in a certain closet, I lose the connection. 

Say NO to ROON

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, barrows said:

Only you can decide these things in your system, I would recommend giving the orange fuse a shot though, as they are returnable fo you do not like what they do.

They are returnable if one lives in the US. Let’s not forget the international audience of this forum. 

Say NO to ROON

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 5:09 PM, Liam said:

@wklieYes that all works, but as I do often, like to listen to a few tracks of an album in the search results before deciding to add an album to favourites and without having to return to the main search view, what I am finding is that the ‘add to favourites’ option in the top left icon does not fully work. What does happen is that the icon for the album selected appears in favourites in the Qobuz app, but no amount of refreshes works to bring that album into Lumin app favourites. What only works at that stage is to open the album from favourites in the Qobuz app and tick the ‘heart’ option to turn the heart pink, as despite the icon being in Qobuz favourites view, the heart has not been selected.  There is a disconnect between the apps. 

21E6E592-0435-4FDE-A7B3-11110DD61597.png

If you press Add To Favorite there, doesn’t it place the track ”Honeysuckle Rose” into Favourites/Tracks folder?

Isn’t this window just for choosing a particular track as a favourite, not a whole album. 

And the heart doesn’t turn pink in Qobuz before all the tracks have been selected = the whole album. 

Say NO to ROON

41 minutes ago, Roy Boy said:

This is a potentially dumb question. I have an A1 and been using the Leedh volume control to connect directly to my amp. I am looking at potentially changing amps and noticed that the A1 has a max output on RCA of 2 VRMS.  Many amps have an input sensitivity of between 2 and 3 VRMS to drive to full output.  Is there any potential mod to increase the max VRMS over the RCA outputs? I suspect the answer is no but just wanted to check.

I do recognize that the newer models went to 3 VRMS on RCA and 6 VMS on XLR. Thanks

XLR to rca cable is the potential mod. 

Say NO to ROON

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, atlerovik said:

Thanks for the reply. At least, a bit better. Still would prefer using the Lumin app, though. Out of curiosity (and also frustration), why is it you can’t just allow users to enable or disable music server/library?

Is this an Android problem? I have disabled the server function in the app somehow and it never pops up any windows in ios. It used to though. Shows only Qobuz and tuneln logos now. Maybe it helps that there are no servers visible in my network. 

Say NO to ROON

16 hours ago, atlerovik said:

No, it’s on IOS. Do you remember how you disabled it? I cannot find anywhere to do that.

I’m afraid I can’t exactly recall how I got rid of the pop up screen.

Maybe you first have to have i.e. Minimserver running and choose a library. Then remove it. (Musiclibrary> Options> Remove music library, and it no longer automatically asks for it. 

Say NO to ROON

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...