IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Dear All,

After almost three weeks of hard work, the final ultimate version LPS for Lumin is out!!

Handcrafted by myself in Hong Kong, and finally bring Lumin to another world!

Attached some pictures for your reference!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6424[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6425[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6426[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6427[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6428[/ATTACH]

yes, upgrading the PSU brings gains in transparency and details !

Lumin1.jpg

the PSU upgrade seems to peel a layer of noise from the sound allowing more of the music to be heard, another difference is how much grip and control the power supply gave to the bass, the music has a more threedimensional feel..

thank you, Kenneth !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The latest and the final PSU for Lumin is launched!

Shielded O-type transformers with Epoxy filled, W320 H70 D300 handsome chassis, a ground post added too!

From now, you can choose 7N OFC copper O-type transformer or the best of the best OCC silver-plated copper transformer!

See the attached pictures for reference

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8718[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8723[/ATTACH]

could you describe the improvements the new version brings to the music performance, whatare the main differences ?

• 2 months later...
The latest and the final PSU for Lumin is launched!

Shielded O-type transformers with Epoxy filled, W320 H70 D300 handsome chassis, a ground post added too!

From now, you can choose 7N OFC copper O-type transformer or the best of the best OCC silver-plated copper transformer!

See the attached pictures for reference

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8722[/ATTACH]

This power supply brings substantially improved musicality , it became more authoritative, the bass is better controlled, complex music becomes both easier to understand and listen to, the whole picture was more precise, with better focus and more control. In my opinion, this PSU makes easy for a Lumin owner to get a significant upgrade step for a relatively reasonable amount of money. Thank you Kenneth, job well done !

• 1 month later...
Hi psme,

I have re-installed the app and it works if I choose Twonky, loading all albums and so on.

But if I choosing Minimserver it initializing and the app crashing without loading single album.

Till upgrade I have no problems with that.

Darius

@PSME

just as a test.. It works now via my PC + Foobar server and a \\NAS folder (Synology)

but if I choose my Synology direct, I remain with the same problem.. the app is crashing without loading a single album

now, we have the problem and may be a diagnostic ? (app ver. 2.0.4. <> DSM problem ?)

thank you for your help !

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
In my and bluesky's case there is only one variable. The disabling of all other upnp servers or keeping them enabled. As soon as the other servers are disabled, leaving only minimserver as the sole upnp server, then suddenly Lumin app doesn't crash anymore. Just like magic. That proves the bug lies in the lumin app.

are you the only one with that problem ?

my Lumin app never crash..

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...