IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

Sorry for the delay on Android app. The effort is more than we thought! Our current target is in the first quarter. Hopefully with TIDAL integration as well.

Thanks!

Now that is very very interesting- when do you think you will have Tidal / wimp for the iPad version?

and thanks for a very nice product from a rather happy A1 customer ;-)

• 1 year later...

Hi Wklie,

Being a very happy Lumin A1 owner, switched from NAS playback long ago, now listening to Tidal Hifi and Qobuz, I am very curious if the A1 will be updated to support MQA decoding of the Tidal Masters, now included with Tidal Hifi?

Likewise any date for Roon Support?

All the best from Denmark!

We have been working on Roon Ready support for a while, hopefully we'll submit it for Roon certification by the end of this month.

Lumin is seriously considering about support for MQA, but there is no decision at the moment.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Roon support is coming soon! Great News!

MQA support, I hope you Will do this!

Otherwise i have read that Roon Will offer Tidal MQA support, and then I Can go that Way, but I do prefer not having to have a computer on, at the moment Lumin App is perfect for me on iPad.

• 10 months later...
3 hours ago, skyline said:

Since upgrading to the latest firmware, my D1 doesn't seem to waking up from sleep.

Anyone notice the same issue?

Also, the app seem to be crashing a lot more often.

Hi,

My A1 has no problems waking up, however I do seem to have more crashes with the app.

Also, the app now defaults to default thumbnail size, every time I start it, and if I click on the cover in upper left corner, it covers the screen, but when I then dismiss the cover, the thumbnails are now gone - the space is completely blank, and I have to navigate again to see the covers/thumbnails

otherwise a superb app!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I Can confirm this behavior for "Terpsichore" by Jordi Savall , this album on Tidal on my A1 with firmware 11.3

However- Qobuz version of this album, 88/24- plays just fine apart from track 3 (12 seconds) which it actually skips, but no problem with track 9 (18 seconds) plays just dandy till again we hit a track with a duration less than 15 seconds:

tracks 15,19

going back to Tidal and checking above tracks, The gap is After track 3, not before

whereas for example track 19 it’s before and after the track. Bit weird (pun intended)

i guess there is some code somewhere with exactly 15 seconds threshold?

And I can also report here in Denmark, Qobuz and Tidal have become invaluable for me, they complement each other, not a case of choosing one. Due to those redicolous licensing restrictions, sometime an album displays with grey title - Not available anymore : Now just click and hold on the cover, and chose the album from the competing service! Very neat trick

I absolutely love my A1

best regards

From the screenshot of the LUMIN app, you can see its playing on Qobuz, and the Tidal icon is on the far right, and clicking on any of them conducts a search based on that criteria Artist or Album Name-on the other service. (guess if you have Spotify too, you can do the same)

best regards

77430A8A-5C10-451B-8868-1A1A4097C79B.png

707B8EC4-B22C-4E40-9379-0523E25A8CF6.png

Yes, also a Nice trick which I use All the time!

@thingswelike, i think you are wrong regarding Spotify- it is availablein the settings in the LUMIN app, have not tried it, mp3 is not my cuppa ? 

Edit sorry, I was wrong - Spotify is not implemented in the same way as Tidal and Qobuz, just checked it out ?

Another nice way to quickly navigate the LUMIN app :

instead of using the Fat Backarrow, click and hold on the menu (“Secret Messages 17 items” in the screenshot) and you will see the tree, from root to where you are, it allows you to navigate anywhere you have been and go back and forth in the tree

lets say you search for Jeff Lynne, play anything - then search for Madonna - play something with her, when you now click the tree - those searches are available to go back to, I use that a lot, then also go between the streaming services, lots of ways to use this great app!

Btw, that tree relates to each of the streaming searches separately, very very neat ?

C2FAA4AD-1EEB-4E47-9941-A757FF117BD0.png

854D406A-19A5-4003-BD76-D220C1BB90D1.png

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

Peter... is there something "weird" going on here or...?

I'm quite sure my U1 Mini "does something" every day at about 9PM: it usually is sleeping, at that time, and I see "Network Error" showing briefly on its display then last played track shows and, after 15 minutes, as per settings, it goes back to sleep mode 😶

Could it be your router which renews your lease every 24 hours?

On 2/1/2019 at 11:54 AM, pl_svn said:

haven't thought of this: will check, thank you :)

I recently went thru all sorts of hell after 4 power cuts in one evening, for days after it was hit and miss getting access to my Lumin, or the A1 loading 1,2 maybe 4 songs from an album - turned out it was clashing IP addresses, even though I have one reserved as static for the A1 - the router had assigned the same address to Philips hue bridge... Restsrting, resetting, etc arghhhhh!!!

• 6 months later...

If you have assigned a static IP address (via the online admin for the router) - then the router will recognize the unit (Teac)via its unique MAC-address, and keep assigning it the same ip, even though you plug it into different ports on the router.

But when you introduce a switch into the mix, the switch looks for shortest/fastest paths on boot up- and now “remembers the path” for any device attached to it until Reboot, for Each Port - so if you used to have a Teac on port 1, it expects to find the Teac on that port, and will ignore the LUMIN newly attached to the same port!

To remedy: Delete Static IP for old device if any, restart router And Switch and plug LUMIN in, once up and running you can assign a static IP for the LUMIN if you do desire

Best regards from Denmark

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@wklie I have discovered that Lumin App now seems to display composer instead of artist for Qobuz, but not Tidal - is this intended? Please see attached screenshots

Also, I have a feature request : In Listview for Qobuz and Tidal, could you please a column with recording Year, so it Will be possible to quickly identify latest release Year for a newly discovered Artist for example ;-)

Otherwise sincere thanks for a great app!

70DB56ED-CFE9-45AA-89A7-D7A033F580DE.png

A5EA47CF-B7C9-40A8-A97F-A7DB27B2C236.png

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

In Lumin App 7.0, where did the Info button go? The one which allows you to go to LastFM in a pop up window, it is no longer available for Qobuz or Tidal. I used to use it a lot, and am missing this feature desperately. Extremely handy to check info on new releases on both streaming services.

best regards

1 minute ago, Easterman said:

In Lumin App 7.0, where did the Info button go? The one which allows you to go to LastFM in a pop up window, it is no longer available for Qobuz or Tidal. I used to use it a lot, and am missing this feature desperately. Extremely handy to check info on new releases on both streaming services.

best regards

Never mind, rebooting the IPad it is still there, a strange glitch ;-)

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Liam said:

Deleted app and rebooted iPad Pro gen 2.  Reinstalled app. No change still crashing on touching Qobuz icon. 

I Can confirm This behavior on iOS 14.8.1 iPad Air 3. Gen

crashes repeatedly when touching the Qobuz icon -

if I start qobuz from an android device, I can navigate in the currently playing tracks on iPad and play them, but pressing Qobuz icon, instant crash.

best regards