IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

Hello psme

I wanted to know why and 'chose to use the' HDMI output for DSD, I make this application only for one reason DAC , DCS , MSB, Playback Design accept the flow of DSD USB ​​conector there are problems connected with the Lumin DAC cited.

If you use an adapter cable HDMI / USB there are problems, or using active adapters Lumin is seen by the DAC mentioned.

I wanted to do the other two questions Lumin (with some firmware update) can handle the DSD 5.6 MHz, I found no note on the USB connector it is used.

Tonino

Do not misunderstand the product looks really great, but I was thinking of an upgrade of the lumin, in the DAC with one of the above.

I really like this product but I do not love the analog stages with operational amplifiers and thought at a later time to combine it with the series 5 Playback Design with discrete analog stage.

Tonino

Hello psme

I wanted to have information about Lumin , I saw the photos on the site avbuzz I wondered what hides the 'heat sink and I was wondering if there are hardware upgrades.

In the upper part of the printed circuit board near the conector mass is seen space for a further processor.

In case you have also designed a version of the Lumin without the part related to DAC leaving to the user the choice of the DAC as it deems most appropriate I really like the Audio Research Reference DAC with analog stage valve.

Tonino

But I am also struck by the DSD Playback Design DAC 5 series with discrete analog stage in the next few days I have to go listen to the two products being compared.

I'd like a DAC that would bring together the advantages of both, digital section of the Playdack Design and analog stage valve.

And then I want to hear comparing the merits and defects of the two DAC is a staunch supporter of the great importance they have on the sound stages analog well designed.

Tonino

Hello psme

I'm not questioning the quality of the Wolfson DAC but want to put a DSD DAC made ​​discrete as the Playback Design MPD-5 (considered by many the best DSD DAC) with discrete analog stage.

I wanted to add another detail inside the Playback Design MPD-5, the signals are converted to PCM DSD is true he does also the DCS but not with the same ease of MPD-5 Playback Design

Perhaps it is my own limitation but I have a deep hatred for analog circuits operational stages.

Seeing as it is realized Lumin (with two separate tabs one for the digital and one for the DAC analog section) I think it's important to give you the chance to choose the DAC.

In the production phase should not be difficult to have a version only with digital outputs, basically it is to remove a card and make a new rear panel.

Happy New Year

Tonino

Hello psme

In the design phase was definitely recommended to do a market survey and make sure what was the standard of the market (DSD) has designed entirely your product was definitely more 'necessary to provide the Lumin with a USB digital output to the DSD format.

That your product is not 'a pc or a mac is clearly seen.

Returning to the DSD seems to me that using the USB connection there is no problem of bandwidth in the DAC Playback Design file handle up to 6.1 Mhz.

Tonino