IGNORED

Article: Computer Audiophile Pocket Server C.A.P.S. v3 Carbon

Chris, I've been thinkin' about this. Are you talking about "Remote Desktop Connection" or Remote "Desktop Assistance" . I'm at a loss to find this. FWIW, both are windows computers.

Any insight?

Hi Peter J

I have a DAC-2 firmware V1.4, 2010.

Hoping they will offer a firmware upgrade soon. Even then I will want a guarantee that it will be compatible with the latest Sotm device

You might consider the original Sotm device which does work on USB 2.0.

Steve[br]Gear:[br]Dedicated 10mm copper mains spur, T1 Windows 7 PC, J-River 18, Audioquest Carbon USB, Auralic Vega, F5 DIY power amp, DIY fine silver cables, Troels Gravesen designed 2 way TQWT speakers.

Has anybody tried the KingRex linear power supply to power up the motherboard? If so, please describe the impact on sound you achieved with that change. Thank you.

Hi

I'm using an old school TTI lab bench Psu, with just 1mv ripple. Compared to the budget 12v switch mode psu that I bought, the sound is so much nicer. The 'noise' made by the budget psu just disappeared.

In fact it makes it sound so good I'm wondering if a battery is going to make much improvement. Bought a used one of Ebay ;-)

Steve[br]Gear:[br]Dedicated 10mm copper mains spur, T1 Windows 7 PC, J-River 18, Audioquest Carbon USB, Auralic Vega, F5 DIY power amp, DIY fine silver cables, Troels Gravesen designed 2 way TQWT speakers.