IGNORED

Battle Of The Flagships (50+ Headphones Compared)

What an excellent review - thanks for sharing Chris.

I'm totally gutted that my beloved AKG-K1000s only came 19th. But I have to say that I've never heard the 'rattle' that David Mahler mentions. I wonder where they would have come without the rattle...

In any event, fed a decent source driven by a Berning Siegfried 300B, I get the most musically satisfying sound I've ever heard in any HP/speaker system anywhere. If the other HPs really are better than the K-1000s, they must be amazing.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

• 3 weeks later...

Dale, I'm more than happy to bow to your superior experience here.

I had the Berning amp lying around doing nothing and thought I'd try it with the K-1000s. I'm not sure if it's the best match ever, but this pairing certainly makes beautiful music. If you're aware of another amp I should try with the K-1000s let me know.

Cheers, Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

Ah OK. Thanks for the qualification.

Mani.