IGNORED

Battle Of The Flagships (50+ Headphones Compared)

Hi everyone. I stumbled upon this post today. Thanks for sharing it Chris. I just want to comment on some of the comments regarding "marketing" specifically dalethorn's comments about the HD800 and marketing etc...

I went through great pains to ensure that the work I put into this review would reflect my real life experiences, no one else's and would not be tainted by an objective to sell anything. It's not something that I advertise, but the company for which I work, Headphones.com has never carried the HD800. We also have never carried the HE-6 or any Hifiman product. I had no objective to make the HD800 look good for marketing reasons. I wish we sold the HD800, but due to regulations with the manufacturer we are not able to at this time. I just wanted to clear the air of the accusations (theres been several assumptions such as this on head-fi as well) that there is any hidden agenda with regard to the work I put into the review. It was done simply out of love and respect for the hobby. The K1000 are definitely listed where they should be with regard to my personal experience with them. :)

and by the way Dale, i'm not angry at all.... I would be skeptical too. :)

Sorry to create the wrong impression David. If you were able to read all the comments I've made about your review on various sites (impossible, I know), the big picture is I highly recommend your review, if for no other reason than you've expertly assembled information from your own experience and the vast experience of others. I'm slightly doubtful that you did all of this in a vacuum, so whatever the interpretation is as to how much is uniquely your experience and how much was absorbed from others - not an issue for me certainly. As to the HD800, I had one for 3 years - gave it away without charge. My impression that your impressions of the HD800 were partly from your experience and partly taking advisement from others - I think it's a valid impression based on what I read. But you obviously have the HD800, so you know the deal as well as anyone. BTW, in spite of a long experience with headphones myself, including Stax and nearly everything Sennheiser has made since ca. 1990, I've revised my descriptions of much of my experience to conform better to current market trends. I'd hate to be stuck in the past and not able to communicate with all those Beats users out there.

no worries,

btw, the rattle from the K1000 apparently has to do with degraded damping material. the newer K1000s may not exhibit it as much, but they ultimately will.

• 3 weeks later...