IGNORED

Article: Computer Audiophile Pocket Server C.A.P.S. v3 Topanga

Chris, thanks for doing another round of CAPS! Way cool.

You have made *no* mention of how the Topanga compares, sonically, to the CAPS2. I hope you include this topic in the next article. Along those lines, are you able to discern any sonic differences between this MOBO/RAM/SSD compared that combo for the CAPS1 and CAPS2? Or is it simply about the feature set (given your req's re: low power, passive cooling, etc)?

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

In this case a Pyramid 12v (13.8v) easily found on Amazon for ~$25 should do the job. Even better diy options are plentiful and with this relatively low power consumption - much cheaper and easier to implement.

I'm using a pico-80, the manufacturer says it not to use more than 13 v. Can you recommend a 12 v supply or a link to a DIY solution? Thanks.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

In this case a Pyramid 12v (13.8v) easily found on Amazon for ~$25 should do the job. Even better diy options are plentiful and with this relatively low power consumption - much cheaper and easier to implement.

DC conversion for my MOBO is a pico-80 powered by a wall wart. The manufacturer says not to use more than ~13 v. Can you recommend a 12 v PS? Or maybe a link to a DIY recipe? THanks