IGNORED

Article: Computer Audiophile Pocket Server C.A.P.S. v3 Topanga

Hi Chris, This is a great design, and incredibly helpful. Thank you. Not just for the design, but process helped in understanding many other things about bit perfect streaming.

For anyone needing either a portable, or a really low cost solution, one option is Win 7 Home w/ TighVNC remote viewer installed which is free installed on a mini. I've got a Dell Mini10v, dual core Atom, which is fanless running as a music server feeding an Onkyo USB DAC which drives a Musical Fidelity A324 DAC via optical. It is Configured to run with the lid down. You can pick one up on eBay for $80-$130. Upgrade from XP to Win 7 for $60, and for less than $200, you've got a pretty good portable, wireless, silent music server. Add SSD and JRiver to suit. It was the articles on this site that enabled me to use a mini this way. SF

Hi Chris, This is a great design, and incredibly helpful. Thank you. Not just for the design, but your process helped in understanding many other things about bit perfect streaming.

For anyone needing either a portable, or a really low cost solution, one option is Win 7 Home w/ TighVNC remote viewer installed which is free installed on a mini. I've got a Dell Mini10v, dual core Atom, which is fanless running as a music server feeding an Onkyo USB DAC which drives a Musical Fidelity A324 DAC via optical. It is Configured to run with the lid down. You can pick one up on eBay for $80-$130. Upgrade from XP to Win 7 for $60, and for less than $200, you've got a pretty good portable, wireless, silent music server. Add SSD and JRiver to suit. It was the articles on this site that enabled me to effectively use a mini this way. SF