IGNORED

Best Cover Songs

6 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Not certain but I think so.

Ace

If I hear something good I love to know "how the h^%^ did that happen". I can't get away from Rockabilly - it's on the same wavelength as my inner something-or-other.

All Covers should be preceded by a confession!

So - when I was 17 or 18 in '79/'80 I was a stray Teddy Boy - and the punks and the Rockers were supposed to hate each other. So for me it's hilarious that Iggy - who did punk before punk was punk - does a Rockabilly song as a Cover in the 80s - that everyone thinks was his Original.

You get the picture.

Anyway - don't mind me.

🙂

P.S. The Peaky stuff sounds great ... all of it.

Sara K. cover of Fleetwood Mac's Oh Well (Chesky) is my very favorite.

Also Vanessa Fernandez's versions of Led Zeppelin songs from the album When the Levee Breaks on Groove Note Records.

Sorry I can’t post any YouTube videos as my apartment complex’s free wi-fi internet does not allow streaming audio or video.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

• 4 weeks later...

Laying my cards on the table, this is a "Desert Island" song for me. [Please - if you haven't heard Jackson Browne's Albums "Late For The Sky" and "The Pretender", do yourself a favour imo.] "Fountain Of Sorrow", covered here respectably enough by Joan Baez ...

Jackson (1974)

Joan (1975 from "Diamonds & Rust")

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2020 at 12:56 PM, Iving said:

Britney

[1M views lol]

Could someone explain me please why are all pop male singers nowadays sad and OTOH why do all female ones sound like idiots.? Just asking. This is not the worst pop song ever.

I almost like it :D

I'd probably choose the last version, not only because this was the first one I heard long ago.

As far as I remember there was lots of smoke around if someone would ask x-D

6 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Could someone explain me please why are all pop male singers nowadays sad and OTOH why do all female ones sound like idiots.? Just asking. This is not the worst pop song ever.

Pop is all about making money and being who you think your audience wants you to be. Right now this is what sells. There must be change as well. Happy singers are yesterday’s news, but also tomorrow’s news. Just not today’s. 

I love bubblegum pop for the mindless escape it provides. 

I much prefer music with a message sung by musicians who aren’t afraid to speak truth to power. This is “doing it for the right reasons” in my book. Other people’s books are different of course. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png