IGNORED

Best Cover Songs

This excellent thread has long legs & gives me some great listening options - thanks.

Eric Clapton - Cocaine & After Midnight by JJ Cale, I Shot the Sheriff by Bob Marley

Not sure if it counts as a cover, but Frank Sinatra's My Way by Paul Anka is timeless.

Might as well throw some props to local talents Diana Krall & Michael Buble who do covers like no ones business.

happy new year to all: try barb jungr (a cabaret singer) covering Dylan,Cohen, Waits and I think Sinatra she used to be on Qobuz is on TIDAL. Also Mary Lee's Corvette her word for word rendition of 'Blood on  the Tracks' live at some place in the Village( the 'winery' or 'the grocery store') also 'A Nod to Bob' 2 volumes and a Jersey Shore saloon singer Pat Guadagno(and Tired Horses) 'It's a Bob Dylan Song' bobfest '09 on his birthday-ENJOY all you lovers of Dylan(and others) songs but can't stand his(their) voice(s)

Oh anyone ever heard/listened to 'Shenandoah' by Tom Waits and Keith Richards? It's a hoot on an album entitled I think Son of Rogues Gallery or some such

bobbmd

• 2 weeks later...