IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

I'm using the Pi 3 with a hifiberry dac +.

It works as intended but I have to start networkaudiod manually every time I turn the Pi or the laptop off.

R

Can you please let me know what version of NAA you are using and what linux OS?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I used the HifiBerry installer for Jessie lite and drivers, then installed the "latest".deb and fiddle for hours with the help of a very patient friend until we finally got it to work.

I won't be home until Saturday but if your Pi isn't working by then I can upload my image for you to try out.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

Been trying to use hqplayer with Roon but seem to be getting a stutter and choppy playback. I have Roon core and hqplayer on my Mac mini.

Is there a remedy to hqplayer and Roon to play nice? Roon by itself sounds great but wanted to hear what many say is even better with the Roon/hqplayer combo...

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

Been trying to use hqplayer with Roon but seem to be getting a stutter and choppy playback. I have Roon core and hqplayer on my Mac mini.

Is there a remedy to hqplayer and Roon to play nice? Roon by itself sounds great but wanted to hear what many say is even better with the Roon/hqplayer combo...

In my experience, the stuttering happens when CPU usage is too high. I've always been able to get it stable by changing the oversampling / filter to one that uses lower CPU (in my case, the -2s variants).

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Based on what you said the other day about your DAC, I know you're not upsampling to DSD (which would be a lot of work for your computer).

So play with the HQPlayer buffer settings to help with the stuttering. For example, bump it up to 100 ms and see what happens.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Tried all the -2 variants to no avail but decided to hook up a cat5 to the Mac mini rather than running wifi. The cat5 is still only hooked up to a bridge as the main router is on the other side of the house.

Actually got to play an entire song but then made what appears to be the wrong decision in hitting the pause on Roon. It seemed to freeze everything up. Rebooted hqplayer and now it keeps saying "failed to start audio device" and doesn't want to recognize my IP address.

What a pain in the ass this is turning out to be.

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/v3/? stops working for me.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Yes, Miska said he had some hard drive failures with his server yesterday.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Again, file not found at https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/v3/ :)

404 Not Found here as well with an iPhone.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Seems the url is incorrect IMO. The bins/naa folder is followed by one of three OS folders (Windows, Mac, Linux). Not sure what naa/V3 is but it doesn't exist when I go there, nor does it seem it should. Try simply to delete the V3 and you'll get a folder list of the three OS's.

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/

totally beginner with NAA ( i need to find a solution to feed in native DSD a amanero usb card with HQP)

what will be the best miniPC to install NAA on it ?

( external LPS possibility , windows OS, low power, etc..)

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

totally beginner with NAA ( i need to find a solution to feed in native DSD a amanero usb card with HQP)

I'm in this same boat.

I have a microRendu that's set to arrive tomorrow (can't wait), but as it is Linux based, my Amanero/Lampi DAC will be limited to DoP and therefore DSD128 with the microRendu. DSD256 with my DAC currently requires Windows, AFAIK.

I'm looking for some kind of software client that can receive HQP's NAA output that runs on Windows (yes Windows). With that, I can compare the sound of a highly optimized Windows-based NAA system at DSD256 with the HQP NAA/microRendu running at DSD128.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

I'm in this same boat.

I have a microRendu that's set to arrive tomorrow (can't wait), but as it is Linux based, my Amanero/Lampi DAC will be limited to DoP and therefore DSD128 with the microRendu. DSD256 with my DAC currently requires Windows, AFAIK.

I'm looking for some kind of software client that can receive HQP's NAA output that runs on Windows (yes Windows). With that, I can compare the sound of a highly optimized Windows-based NAA system at DSD256 with the HQP NAA/microRendu running at DSD128.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Since the object of NAA is to be a minimalist (i.e uncomplicated less noise) box with a USB port for the DAC, any Windows box (including a laptop) will likely meet your testing needs. Just install networkaudiod.exe and your dac driver. Period.

Thanks so much ted_b. I figured it would be easy, but I didn't know it'd be *that* easy!

I can't wait to compare HQP/Jplay/Dual PC to HQP NAA/Dual PC to HQP NAA/microRendu. This will be fun!

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Thanks so much ted_b. I figured it would be easy, but I didn't know it'd be *that* easy!

I can't wait to compare HQP/Jplay/Dual PC to HQP NAA/Dual PC to HQP NAA/microRendu. This will be fun!

I've gotten NAA mode to work, Windows to Windows, but only on my untreated Win10 laptop. Even so, the sound was excellent.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get networkaudiod.exe going on my optimized Windows Server 2012 machine. The recommended Microsoft download with the necessary dll's wouldn't intstall on WS2012. Is there another way to get the necessary dll's in place?

Thanks,

Keith

I've gotten NAA mode to work, Windows to Windows, but only on my untreated Win10 laptop. Even so, the sound was excellent.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get networkaudiod.exe going on my optimized Windows Server 2012 machine. The recommended Microsoft download with the necessary dll's wouldn't intstall on WS2012. Is there another way to get the necessary dll's in place?

Thanks,

Keith

Which dlls are missing?

There's a good chance that if you copy the missing dll or dlls from your Win 10 Windows\System32 directory and put them in the same directory on your WS2012 machine where networkaudiod resides, it will work.

Which dlls are missing?

There's a good chance that if you copy the missing dll or dlls from your Win 10 Windows\System32 directory and put them in the same directory on your WS2012 machine where networkaudiod resides, it will work.

Thanks for the prompt response. As logical as your suggestion is, it didn't turn out to work for me. My WS2012 machine was asking for a file that a search of my entire Win 10 directory couldn't find. And yes, I had system and hidden files included in the search.

I was able to get it to work, however. What I had to do was update my WS2012 installation. And then update it again, and again. It literally took hours to get it fully updated, but now I have a Dual WS2012 Core, Audiophile Optimized, HQP NAA system and for the first time, I can really use DSD256! It's time to run CloneZilla and back up my entire setup, since it's taken a lot of work (cumulatively) to get to this point.

Sometime tommorow, my new microRendu will arrive and I'll be able to see how it compares at a Amanero/Linux/DoP limited (for me) DSD128.

Thanks again. This is great community.

Miska, do you intend to put the Rpi NAA images back up or should I install Stretch & networkaudiod? I am anxious about getting lost in Linux.

I'm planning to build some new image with networkaudiod 3.4 and upload those, instead of the old images. It just takes some time to get everything done...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers