IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

1 hour ago, maggio said:

Hi Miska, I would like to use your NAA image but I need to have a static ip on the PC.

Which file do I have to edit? (I know it is in the compressed archive file...)

Network configuration is in /etc/systemd/network directory, the relevant documentation can be found here:

https://systemd.network/systemd.network.html

Most home networks have DHCP, so the image is designed with that in mind.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

18 hours ago, Miska said:

Network configuration is in /etc/systemd/network directory, the relevant documentation can be found here:

https://systemd.network/systemd.network.html

Most home networks have DHCP, so the image is designed with that in mind.

Hi, I edited the file and created the new compressed archive.

Anyway there is something that does not work because pc stops during boot.

Is it possible to use a symlink outside the compressed archive file that links to the network config files?

It would be very useful to everybody wants to modify the file without efforts.

Thanks

Screen.jpg

5 minutes ago, maggio said:

Hi, I edited the file and created the new compressed archive.

Anyway there is something that does not work because pc stops during boot.

Is it possible to use a symlink outside the compressed archive file that links to the network config files?

It would be very useful to everybody wants to modify the file without efforts.

Thanks

Screen.jpg

You can see a ramdisk error there. It is much easier to use the HQPlayer OS image for such, since it has normal read/write root filesystem and doesn't use ramdisk.

There just shouldn't be any need to use static IP for a normal NAA use cases.

59 minutes ago, Miska said:

You can see a ramdisk error there. It is much easier to use the HQPlayer OS image for such, since it has normal read/write root filesystem and doesn't use ramdisk.

There just shouldn't be any need to use static IP for a normal NAA use cases.

I did not manage any ramdisk.

I edited only network config file.

Then I recreated the compressed archive file.

Thats all.

On 3/10/2017 at 8:39 AM, Miska said:

Note! Anybody who has more than one NAA it is critical to name NAA's properly, two NAA's with same name will be confused to each other and cause all kinds of weird problems that happen nondeterministically.

I'm having a problem with the HQP Desktop seeing the NAA, even when I just have one on the network.  I usually have to go into and out of preferences several times, for it to show up.  Do you have any suggestions for this?

And...  I now have 2 NAA both using your 300mb OS.  From what I understand, I can't make any changes to these images.  How do I ensure that the 2 NAA are named differently?

34 minutes ago, dmccombs said:

I'm having a problem with the HQP Desktop seeing the NAA, even when I just have one on the network.  I usually have to go into and out of preferences several times, for it to show up.  Do you have any suggestions for this?

Do you have more than one network interface on the HQPlayer Desktop computer? Something is loosing discovery packets or response messages if it is inconsistent. If you have selected the correct NAA and the device once, you don't need to touch it later anymore. HQPlayer will try to (re-)connect to it in the background.

36 minutes ago, dmccombs said:

And...  I now have 2 NAA both using your 300mb OS.  From what I understand, I can't make any changes to these images.  How do I ensure that the 2 NAA are named differently?

This cannot be reasonably done with the NAA image which is read-only. In such case you could go with the HQPlayer OS image which is not read-only and edit /etc/hostname (using provided "nano" editor) or /etc/default/networkaudiod to have line:

NETWORKAUDIOD_NAME="somenameofmyown"

By default, NAA image is called "naa" an HQPlayer OS image is called "hqplayer". In fact, if you need just two NAAs, it is sufficient to use the NAA image for one and HQPlayer image for the other. Without modifications. This way you have two NAAs named "naa" and "hqplayer" and you'll known which one is which.

• 1 month later...

Today I wanted to try HQPlayer with NAA (NUC, NAA image x64)
When I disconnect and connect the Singxer SU-1 from the NAA, I get a message:
usb 1-4: new high-speed USB device number 5 using xhci_hcd
usb 1-4: 1:3 usuported format bits 0x100000000
What does this mean and can it affect the fact that HQPlayer does not see the NAA?

2 hours ago, novaca said:

Today I wanted to try HQPlayer with NAA (NUC, NAA image x64)
When I disconnect and connect the Singxer SU-1 from the NAA, I get a message:
usb 1-4: new high-speed USB device number 5 using xhci_hcd
usb 1-4: 1:3 usuported format bits 0x100000000
What does this mean and can it affect the fact that HQPlayer does not see the NAA?

That format bit thing shouldn't make it unusable. It is just warning that one bit in the USB descriptor format mask is unsupported. It may make the corresponding format unusable, but not the entire device.

23 hours ago, Miska said:

That format bit thing shouldn't make it unusable. It is just warning that one bit in the USB descriptor format mask is unsupported. It may make the corresponding format unusable, but not the entire device.

It was probably caused by the VPN client...

Hi all! Network audio newbie here.

I just bought an UpBoard to install HQplayer embedded which I downloaded the trial version to try. But I am really confused by the different instructions on the Signalyst website.
Could someone provide a step by step guide on how to install and setup HQplayer embedded or point me in the right direction? Also how to setup a wifi connection as I will be using this wirelessly.

Bear in mind I am a newbie especially with Linux OS so please make your instructions as simple and plain as possible.

Thanks!
  • 2 months later...
17 hours ago, audiofool said:

@miska

Problem with embedded 4.20.1-x64 on linux connected to NAA naa-411-cuboxi-urendu.img.  Skips and clicks, unusable.  Works fine direct from computer.  4.20.2 is also fine.  Does 4.20.1 require 4.1.1.2 for NAA?  Would need networkaudiod for cubox. 

There are some NAA related improvements in latest Embedded, but I didn't notice any problems in my testing. So a bit of mystery until I manage to reproduce the problem.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

There are some NAA related improvements in latest Embedded, but I didn't notice any problems in my testing. So a bit of mystery until I manage to reproduce the problem.

I tried slowing down the network to 100 from 1000 and there was some improvement for still unusable maybe something to do with the ethernet limit on the cubox but you would think the rpi 3 would really have problems unless something is different in 4.1.1.2

20 hours ago, audiofool said:

I tried slowing down the network to 100 from 1000 and there was some improvement for still unusable maybe something to do with the ethernet limit on the cubox but you would think the rpi 3 would really have problems unless something is different in 4.1.1.2

If you have a managed switch, please make sure you have 802.3x Flow Control enabled for all involved ports, as this is mandatory for rendu/cubox

2 hours ago, Miska said:

If you have a managed switch, please make sure you have 802.3x Flow Control enabled for all involved ports, as this is mandatory for rendu/cubox

No managed switch, just a cheap d-link wireless router.  Tried a cat-4 cable to router, slowed interface to 100.  Same problem just plays longer before you hear the skip.  Also tried IPv6 vs v4, slightly less often on v6.

Dumb question. 🤔

Can I flash the ".7z" NAA image into the SD card like I did with the ".img" file or to I need to extract the image?

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Depends on the flashing software being used. 

I'm using the Terminal on Mac OS.

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Not sure about that one. You could install the Unarchiver app to turn it into an img. 

Will do, thanks.