IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

13 hours ago, Guf Gufler said:

1050960019_ScreenShot2019-01-03at5_28_32PM.thumb.png.c70a07ea40fee22f38ec26a0920837f6.pngcan any one explain why I'm having connection issues? Trying to get my Mac mini running windows to be my NAA

I have had that happen when the DAC isn’t properly recognized by the computer.  Look in the Win Device Manager to see if it shows the Combo384 in the Audio section.   Usually a reboot sequence will fix it:  get your DAC powered up, then any USB gadgets and then plug the USB cable into the NAA.   If you have system sounds turned on you will hear the USB is recognized.

I cannot see any device when choosing Backend NAA.

In eunhasu 0.45.1, HQplayer keeps loading forever. I´ve tried to turn on ipv6 in SMS200ultra, but doesnt worked too.

In Roon, I can choose HQplayer as zone, but there´s no sound.

I want use Roon to control Hqplayer.

DAC is Direcstream Snowmass. Network is SMS200Ultra.

Firewall disabled. Mac OS Sierra.

24 minutes ago, Advieira said:

In eunhasu 0.45.1, HQplayer keeps loading forever. I´ve tried to turn on ipv6 in SMS200ultra, but doesnt worked too.

In Roon, I can choose HQplayer as zone, but there´s no sound.

It would probably be best to contact your reseller or SOtM for help if the NAA service has some problem starting up.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

4 hours ago, Solstice380 said:

I have had that happen when the DAC isn’t properly recognized by the computer.  Look in the Win Device Manager to see if it shows the Combo384 in the Audio section.   Usually a reboot sequence will fix it:  get your DAC powered up, then any USB gadgets and then plug the USB cable into the NAA.   If you have system sounds turned on you will hear the USB is recognized.

This is good advice. Most ASIO drivers are listed even when the device is not connected or recognized. When playback is attempted in such case it will fail...

26 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

Yes, that is the place where the ASIO driver should be installed.  What DAC / driver do you have?

i just saw your post that you’re up and playing.  Congrats!

Hey yeah. I’ll try to integrate roon next. I’m using a big 7. And using the combo384 driver.  

You tried to help me last year because you have a similar set up. Glad you stepped in today. 

Next im gonna try to get my holo spring and mrendu to do 512 on my desktop. 😬

Question on what should be better...(hah!)

I started using a Rock64 with DietPi as a NAA.

I can run 256k with poly-sinc-mp or 512k with poly-sinc-mp-2s.

Wondering if this is the same thing?

Going back and forth I think I like the soundstage of 512k using my headphones,

but have a lot of testing to do.

Given these two options - should one of these be better than the other?

Qobuz - HQPlayer(d) 5 - M1 Mini - RPI 5 8gb - Nuc i7 - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac - SRC-DX - Chord Mojo2 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - B&W 602 S2 - Apple Music Spatial 7.1.4

Hello all, I'm a new user trying out the software. I am trying to move away from JRiver for various reasons.

Since HQPlayer doesn't support MP3, is there a music server besides Roon that will let me use HQPlayer as a client? Does the network audio interface somehow let other server software stream PCM to it? Basically I just want to be able to send MP3 to HQPlayer as well as lossless formats. Thanks!

5 hours ago, thisgambit said:

Hello all, I'm a new user trying out the software. I am trying to move away from JRiver for various reasons.

Since HQPlayer doesn't support MP3, is there a music server besides Roon that will let me use HQPlayer as a client? Does the network audio interface somehow let other server software stream PCM to it? Basically I just want to be able to send MP3 to HQPlayer as well as lossless formats. Thanks!

With HQPlayer Embedded you may get some servers to transcode MP3 to WAV for HQPlayer. But other than that, Roon is the only way at the moment.

NAA is just small piece of software to decouple HQPlayer's audio output to a separate device. It is strictly HQPlayer specific and you need HQPlayer for using it.

So this week I was able to get DSD 512 to work with my main system, Lampizator dac and Mac mini as a NAA. And I was able to get my desktop system to also do DSD512 with a Holospring dac and the mRendu as a NAA.  My core computer feeds both  but for some reason can't get it to find main system again Is it possible I'm confusing the Hqplayer with the 2 separate drivers, the combo384 and the holo audio? the pull down menue will show the options but not connect. The techniques I used earlier in the week do not seem to be working now.  The only difference being i added new drivers to my core system. 

1 hour ago, Guf Gufler said:

So this week I was able to get DSD 512 to work with my main system, Lampizator dac and Mac mini as a NAA. And I was able to get my desktop system to also do DSD512 with a Holospring dac and the mRendu as a NAA.  My core computer feeds both  but for some reason can't get it to find main system again Is it possible I'm confusing the Hqplayer with the 2 separate drivers, the combo384 and the holo audio? the pull down menue will show the options but not connect. The techniques I used earlier in the week do not seem to be working now.  The only difference being i added new drivers to my core system. 

Just in case, please check that both NAA's don't have the same name like "default" or something. Because if they have the same name there will be confusion between the two when both are online.

To be honest I am too lazy, to go through all the 114 pages.... 

But.

Is there any reason (consensus?),  to spend a fortune on any really high-end, expensive, very special, customized hardware for Linux NAA, or uRendu, SMS200 Ultra (similar others?) for roughly 2-3k USD including power supplies,  are the most you need to buy if one wants to use DSD 256x or 512x?

(in case of DACs like RME ADI-2 DAC, Holo Audio Spring 2 KTE L3, so max 2-3k  USD) 

Sorry if it is just too generic question. 

28 minutes ago, ferenc said:

To be honest I am too lazy, to go through all the 114 pages.... 

But.

Is there any reason (consensus?),  to spend a fortune on any really high-end, expensive, very special, customized hardware for Linux NAA, or uRendu, SMS200 Ultra (similar others?) for roughly 2-3k USD including power supplies,  are the most you need to buy if one wants to use DSD 256x or 512x?

(in case of DACs like RME ADI-2 DAC, Holo Audio Spring 2 KTE L3, so max 2-3k  USD) 

Sorry if it is just too generic question. 

You can go with an Intel NUC or one of Jussi’s recommended small, low power computers with the available NAA images.   With a good PSU (everything benies from a good PSU) you get a lot of the way to one of the Ethernet renederers.  I have both a NUC and a SOTM trifecta.