IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

3 hours ago, bodiebill said:

Solved by copying qwave.dll to Windows\System32 and \Windows\SystemWOW64 folders.

That still doesn't make it work correctly.

Your system is missing QoS component, you can install and enable that properly too. On desktop Windows versions, it is installed and enabled by default. On server versions it seems like you need to explicitly install that OS component.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 2/7/2019 at 8:58 PM, Miska said:

I don't know, I have not seen such on my devices yet...

Something from the kernel, so probably something hardware related.

Thank's @Miska,
I'm in touch with @ALLOsupport and i will try to understand why "usb packets delay warnings" are shown only with NAA and at any rate. However no obvious SQ or functional consequences at the moment. 

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

14 hours ago, Miska said:

That still doesn't make it work correctly.

Your system is missing QoS component, you can install and enable that properly too. On desktop Windows versions, it is installed and enabled by default. On server versions it seems like you need to explicitly install that OS component.

Ok, thanks. I was already able to play music with HQP+NAA but will try to also install the Quality of Service future in core mode.

audio system

15 minutes ago, Miska said:

Note that it also needs to be enabled for the network interface to operate correctly! (on Win10 it is enabled by default)

network-qos.png.c90a869d5dc4c9983fff076e3084dfc8.png

Interesting...I need to check to see if QOS Packet Scheduler is enabled on my server and NAA.  I've never had issues before though so I wonder if its really necessary?  

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

26 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

to install Quality of Service in core mode, from command line start powershell and enter:

Install-WindowsFeature DiskIo-QoS

I am no expert but isnt that for storage QoS?  I think Miska was referring to network Qos?  If so, I think the command is:

Enable-NetAdapterQos.  @Miska????

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

14 minutes ago, tboooe said:

I am no expert but isnt that for storage QoS?  I think Miska was referring to network Qos?  If so, I think the command is:

Enable-NetAdapterQos.  @Miska????

Yes, that sounds right...

I don't have any Windows Server versions, so I don't know about details. But this feature I'm talking about is about network QoS. When correct feature is installed, also qwave.dll should appear, it is the API talking to the QoS stack. Then it still needs to be also enabled for the network adapter.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:58 PM, Miska said:

I don't know, I have not seen such on my devices yet...

Something from the kernel, so probably something hardware related.

Just FYI:

According to ALLO issue was mainly observed with AMANERO devices.
ALLO has quickly updated DietPi / Volumio USBridge USB driver: 

I''ve checked, playing from NAA during few hours: No more "delay ..." messages. 

We'll see if it's stable in the long run.

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

27 minutes ago, tboooe said:

So I think in Server enabling qwave feature also enables QoS packet scheduler.  I just checked my network adapter settings and the packet scheduler was enabled for all of my NICs even though I do not remember actually doing it myself.

Install-WindowsFeature -name qWave

Thanks for correcting me. Indeed it seems that qWave enables QoS for AV streams:

Quality Windows Audio Video Experience (qWave) is a networking platform for audio video (AV) streaming applications on IP home networks. qWave enhances AV streaming performance and reliability by ensuring network quality-of-service (QoS) for AV applications.

Sounds like what Miska was pointing at?

audio system

22 hours ago, tboooe said:

So I think in Server enabling qwave feature also enables QoS packet scheduler.  I just checked my network adapter settings and the packet scheduler was enabled for all of my NICs even though I do not remember actually doing it myself.

Install-WindowsFeature -name qWave

Sounds right. Good that you've found how to pull in that feature into Server! Lot of people have been asking about it, so this should be really helpful.

21 hours ago, bodiebill said:

Thanks for correcting me. Indeed it seems that qWave enables QoS for AV streams:

Quality Windows Audio Video Experience (qWave) is a networking platform for audio video (AV) streaming applications on IP home networks. qWave enhances AV streaming performance and reliability by ensuring network quality-of-service (QoS) for AV applications.

Sounds like what Miska was pointing at?

Yes, that's it!

16 hours ago, bodiebill said:

After applying

Get-NetAdapterQos -Name "*" | Enable-NetAdapterQos

Install-WindowsFeature -name qWave

I still see "Network QoS functionality not available" in NAA. Any idea?

IIRC, there's also a Windows service related to that, is it running? You are using networkaudiod version 3.5.6?

19 hours ago, bodiebill said:

After applying

Get-NetAdapterQos -Name "*" | Enable-NetAdapterQos

Install-WindowsFeature -name qWave

I still see "Network QoS functionality not available" in NAA. Any idea?

When you type Get-NetAdapterBinding do you see QoS Packet Scheduler as one of the settings?

Other components:

35 minutes ago, jrd1975 said:

[/Users/networkaudiod-356/networkaudiod] (681): clSocket::SetOption(): setsockopt(): Can’t assign requested address

Yes, I've seen the same with NAA 356 when I tried.

But then again I've never been able to get NAA to work on MacOS - although the same Mac and same chain can run Windows NAA fine (Windows running on the Mac via Boot Camp).

I'm going to be wiping my Mac soon as I prepare to finally update it to Mojave. Will re-test then.

On 2/16/2019 at 8:33 AM, jrd1975 said:

Anyone else run into this issue with the new NAA Version 356 on Mac OS?

[/Users/networkaudiod-356/networkaudiod] (681): clSocket::SetOption(): setsockopt(): Can’t assign requested address

I can run NAA 354 with no issue?

Please check that you have IPv6 functional on your primary interface. Older Mac versions had IPv6 disabled, but now 3.5.5/3.5.6 have IPv4+IPv6 dual stack enabled by default on all platforms.

I've tested 3.5.6 on both High Sierra and Mojave without problems.

8 hours ago, Miska said:

Please check that you have IPv6 functional on your primary interface. Older Mac versions had IPv6 disabled, but now 3.5.5/3.5.6 have IPv4+IPv6 dual stack enabled by default on all platforms.

I've tested 3.5.6 on both High Sierra and Mojave without problems.

Thanks Miska IPv6 is enabled on my Mac Mini late 2014. But it's disabled on my PlusNet UK router for both WAN/LAN with no option to enable. Happy to use 354 until I get a new router :)

1 hour ago, jrd1975 said:

Thanks Miska IPv6 is enabled on my Mac Mini late 2014. But it's disabled on my PlusNet UK router for both WAN/LAN with no option to enable. Happy to use 354 until I get a new router :)

You can disable IPv6 support by setting following environment variable for networkaudiod:

NETWORKAUDIOD_IPV6=0

For example you can do "export NETWORKAUDIOD_IPV6=0" before starting "networkaudiod".

Other useful configuration variable is NETWORKAUDIOD_NAME that allows you to set a name for the NAA if you don't like the default one.