IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

5 hours ago, Miska said:

Just a short note, there are new bootable images downloadable for BeagleBone Black, RasPi3 and x86-64. The former two work up to DSD256 / 384k PCM for me and the latter of course to DSD512 / 768k PCM.

Now root login is enabled and I added alsa-utils, so there's "alsamixer" and such if needed (for adjusting output volume with some portable interfaces etc).

The x86-64 image requires modern BIOS capable of UEFI boot.

Hi Jussi, is the x86-64 image ok for Cubox-i2?

thanks

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone

need your advice to change my switch. 

I'm using HQPlayer on a MacMini and a CuBox as NAA. 

If I remember well, Miska highlighted the importance of the connection between the switch and the NAA and suggested the usage of an Ethernet optical cable.

My 2 questions:

Switch: eg. Is the Netgear GS110TP-200EUS ProSAFE that kind of switch? Is this model a good one to buy?

Cable: can you please suggest an Ethernet optical cable I can use to connect that switch to the CuBox?

Many thanks in advance. 

Massimo 

• 6 months later...

Hi, need your help to understand which is the best solution for NAA in my set-up.

Currently, I have HQPlayer running on a MacMini and cubox with NAA image by @Miska.

I thought of a better hw solution for NAA and noticed that Jussi suggests Up Squared:

https://up-shop.org/home/179-up-squared-gatewaypentium-n4200-w8g-memory64g-emmc-boardwovesa-plate.html

My intention is to use Linux (please, consider this is my first time with this OS!) and it seems to me I have 2 options for Network Audio Daemon:

a)     Install  naa-3552-x64.7z  image (is it the right one for my Up shared?)

b)     Install  networkaudiod_3.5.5-39_i386.deb  

Is it correct?

About option 1) :

-        Do I have to install Ubuntu (or Ubuntustudio) first?

-        Has the image to stay on a USB memory stick or can be loaded in UP_Squared storage (eMMC 64Gb) ? How can I do that?

About option 2)

-        Do I have to install Ubuntu (or Ubuntustudio) first?

-        And then install Jussi’s Network Audio Daemon?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Massimo

10 hours ago, Miska said:

option 1) :  using NAA image by Miska

option 2): Ubuntu studio server + Network audio daemon

Jussi, many thanks for your guidance.

Can you explain a bit the difference between option1 and option2?  Which is the advantage using the former vs the latter and viceversa?

Also, should I try HQplayer embedded (not now but later) on Up Squared , is it better to chose now option1 or option2?   

Massimo  

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Option 2 is good if you want something different from what option 1 provides and you are familiar with Linux command line (you should never run any GUI on a NAA).

Choose the HQPlayer OS option! It contains base OS similar to option 1, but has both HQPlayer Embedded and NAA ready to use. If you want to use WiFi for NAA you should also use this option instead. Main difference to option 1 is that it runs from a normal filesystem instead of RAM disk, so you can properly save configuration changes and have for example local music library.

HQPlayer OS runs the two ethernet interfaces of Up Squared in bridged setup automatically.

Thank you, Jussi.  In order to guarantee flexibility for future needs, I will follow option 2 then.

To recap key steps for option 2:

and when I want to try HQplayer embedded

Hope I understood it properly?

Just one doubt: as I wish I could use DSD256, is Up_Stored “powerful” enough for HQplayer embedded?

Massimo