IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

Hi All,

I wanted to ask for any tips in regards to HQPlayer and keeping the connection with NAA on my Allo USBridge.

Before I explain a bit more, here is some detail on my set up. I have a NUC running my Roon Core and HQPlayer, it connects to a Netgear 16 port unmanaged switch (GS116UK), before going off around my house via Ethernet cable. The music is stored on a Synology DS918+ NAS, connected to the same switch (both NUC and NAS in a cupboard, squirrelled away). In my main lounge set-up, the Ethernet cable connects into another GS116UK before connecting to my USBridge. The USBridge feeds a Mytek Liberty DAC, and I usually upscale to DSD 256, it sounds great. The USBridge is on the latest version, 6.23.3. I only have Roon Bridge and NAA enabled via the Allo webpage. I am in the UK and have a BT Smart Hub 2, I believe this is a DHCP only router and this connects to the same switch my USBridge connects too.

Anyway, I have discussed this issue before across on the Roon forums (including discussing it with Jussi/Miska) but I have not been able to solve it. Basically, if I start my equipment up in a particular order (I have tried all the combinations), then occasionally HQPlayer with 'see' the NAA on the USBridge. When this happens I generally leave well alone and don't turn anything off, however all my kit (NUC, NAS etc) is in a cupboard in the spare bedroom and can be noisy overnight and so when we have guests I have to turn it off. Whenever this happens its a right pain trying to get HQPlayer to 'see' the NAA on the USBridge again, and to get that connection back I have to turn equipment off and on and I am yet to hit on the right combination which is repeatable. Sometimes, I have got it to work after a power-cut where everything is turned off, sometimes when I turn on the DAC, then Bridge, then the NUC, but nothing works every time.

So, I think the problem is somewhere in my network infrastructure, rather than with HQPlayer, but I am not sure how to solve the problem. Has anyone had a similar issue that they have been able to solve?

Any thoughts welcome? I tried posting across on the USBridge thread, but no luck unfortunately.

Thanks.

Thanks @Miska. Yes the machine is windows 10. I usually try to boot up in the order you suggest. The most reliable methodology in this particular case, is to switch off, then on, the DAC, streamer, local switch and home router at the same time and then to power up the NUC (i don't touch the switch it is on). I have tried lots of other combinations, but this seems to be the most repeatable. 

I will double-check the NUC network interface.

• 2 months later...

I have just tried to install NAA on my new USBridge Sig, I grabbed the naa-360-raspberrypi3.7z, flashed the card no problem and wrote the *.img file to the card via etcher. The card is now in the USBridge but I can’t see it via HQ Player. 

Am I missing something? 

• 4 years later...