IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

You need to download and install the necessary Microsoft runtime. It is referenced on my web page right below the NAA download link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Thanks Miska. No error when installing NAA.

I now now have another newbe / stupid question.

Is this all that's required ? My PC is now a NAA, and all I have to do is connect the USB cable to my DAC?

Then the NAA option in HQPlayer will pick this PC as a NAA, as it did with the MicroRendu ?

(HQPlayer is on a different PC, as the purpose of this excercise is look for a possible error in the MicroRendu SW)

It is good idea to edit the provided .bat to have a suitable name for NAA and use it to launch networkaudiod. This way you and HQPlayer know to talk to a right device and you can also more easily switch between PC and microRendu.

Also check that firewall software on your NAA PC is not blocking incoming network traffic...

I think I need some more help here. The NAA should show up as a CMD window, right ?

Should I use KS mode ?

I still should find my hiFace Evo as a selection in HQPlayer settings as before with the MicroRendu ?

In order to at least get somthing out from USB, I tried Foobar that did worked years ago in W7.

Now I get this error:

"Unrecoverable playback error: KS output error: unable to find filter corresponding to selected device"

I find a USB/SPDIF under devices, and I can see in the device manager that the SW/driver is installed for the EVO.

Any suggestion how to proceed in order to make a PC a NAA ?

Windows NAA supports only ASIO drivers and nothing else. Since I think there is no ASIO driver for hiFace Evo, you need to use ASIO emulation with ASIO4ALL. Although it is not a real ASIO driver, it can get you going.

I was able to have Foobar and KS mode working. Anyway are you saying I should select NAA or ASIO in HQPlayer ?

I'm still not sure what to do with the NAA-PC in order for the HQPlayer-PC to be able to see it.

It seems that I have some sort of connection in WASAPI, as there I have two selections available in HQPlayer. ASIO and NAA does not give any choises

Also I do not have a ASIO4ALL control panel. Should I ?

EDIT: Reinstalled with options. Now control panel is available

Stilll status for HQPlayer is the same.

You dont need to do anything with the NAA PC other than connect to the same network HQPlayer PC is on and also install the DAC driver on it. Once you do that, in HQP you should see NAA as an option in Backend and in Device drop down you should see NAA:"name of your DAC driver"

If you dont see the NAA option then make sure any firewall is turned off and that you can ping that NAA PC from another PC on the same network.

OK. Well turn both fire off, did not help. Yes, I can ping. And remember this worked with MicroRendu. In the "CMD window" I can see a new line every time I choose NAA in HQP, so someting is happening.

Asio4All has my hiFace in the WDM list.

Will the logfile for HQP help ? Any other suggestion ?

I use the latest beta HQP. Both PC W10.

• 3 weeks later...
If there's just one line, then HQPlayer is not hearing the NAA's response...

Just want to make sure - you have only one network connection on both machines and both are connected to your normal home network?

2 lines.

Only one network connection. The othe network option is disabled.

My local network. Which is my home network.

I'm having this discussion in several treads now. It must be quite confusing for all, or at least Miska and John Swenson / Jesus to keep track on all my post about the same issue in different treads.

• 11 months later...
On 29.8.2017 at 10:33 PM, Miska said:

Problem with microRendu and many other streaming devices is that they may have 100 Mbps or 1 Gbps ethernet port, but are not actually able to keep up with traffic at full speed.

Maybe a bit off topic, but I have noticed the MicroRendu sounds better with an old dlink 10/100 switch with LPS-1. (Only the MicroRendu connected). These switches can be obtained for almost nothing.

Normal 24/192 streaming don't need more speed. For DSD, I don't know.

if you use cat 6a cables where the connector is metal, you may get unwanted ground loops. In my system 6a make hiccups. 

The AQ Vodka as an example does not have shield connected to the Telegärtner metal plugs, so that will not apply to that cable. 

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...
50 minutes ago, lsantista said:

no one else has had that issue recently?

All the time 😂

In my case I suspected my Roon server, or network/switch where Roon server is. So I tested Roon installed different place and used RAAT without HQplayer. This seems to eliminate my issues. Maybe you can try something similar. 
I haven’t yet concluded. These investigations is very time consuming. 

If you want more help, you should draw your network, and post.