IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

4 minutes ago, ericuco said:

I hope you mean switches and not routers. Typically you only have one router in a home network. Multiple routers would probably cause issues. 

In my system, I have a switch which connects my music server (HQP Desktop & Roon Server), NAS and HQP NAA (opticalRendu). The switch is also connected to a wireless endpoint which in turn provides WiFi connection to the rest of my network and Internet.

No i mean two routers.Main router would be wired then second router hooked to wired router as a access point only for wi-fi

13 hours ago, Miska said:

Best is to have a good switch, and connect your modem and everything else to it. And get a plain wifi access point for wireless. For example HPE and Cisco make good switches and wifi access points.

Okay didn't know you could hook a switch to modem before router or wifi access point.

Just now, Miska said:

Usually modem + router is combined. If you have a separate, then switch and all the rest is after the router.

I  get it now.My modem was set to bridge mode so just using as modem.I could change back to default and do what you recommend.Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Miska said:

Forget using USB on RPi3. They cut a bit too many corners on the hardware design and USB is losing packets because ethernet shares the same USB bus as the Type-A connectors and the CPU doesn't manage.

RPi4 is first RasPi with usable USB when Ethernet is in use.

okay thanks

13 hours ago, Miska said:

Forget using USB on RPi3. They cut a bit too many corners on the hardware design and USB is losing packets because ethernet shares the same USB bus as the Type-A connectors and the CPU doesn't manage.

RPi4 is first RasPi with usable USB when Ethernet is in use.

So tried naa image on intel nuc.can only get it to play PCM no DSD ?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
35 minutes ago, Miska said:

Yes it does...

Can't get it to work.If I go into web configuration it is set to network audio and sdm and my dac is recognized.If I use HQPlayer client and go into settings in mode only pcm is available.If I try to play nothing happens