IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Guf Gufler said:

1050960019_ScreenShot2019-01-03at5_28_32PM.thumb.png.c70a07ea40fee22f38ec26a0920837f6.pngcan any one explain why I'm having connection issues? Trying to get my Mac mini running windows to be my NAA

I have had that happen when the DAC isn’t properly recognized by the computer.  Look in the Win Device Manager to see if it shows the Combo384 in the Audio section.   Usually a reboot sequence will fix it:  get your DAC powered up, then any USB gadgets and then plug the USB cable into the NAA.   If you have system sounds turned on you will hear the USB is recognized.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, ferenc said:

To be honest I am too lazy, to go through all the 114 pages.... 

But.

Is there any reason (consensus?),  to spend a fortune on any really high-end, expensive, very special, customized hardware for Linux NAA, or uRendu, SMS200 Ultra (similar others?) for roughly 2-3k USD including power supplies,  are the most you need to buy if one wants to use DSD 256x or 512x?

(in case of DACs like RME ADI-2 DAC, Holo Audio Spring 2 KTE L3, so max 2-3k  USD) 

Sorry if it is just too generic question. 

You can go with an Intel NUC or one of Jussi’s recommended small, low power computers with the available NAA images.   With a good PSU (everything benies from a good PSU) you get a lot of the way to one of the Ethernet renederers.  I have both a NUC and a SOTM trifecta.  

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Miska said:

That sudden "ASIO format selector not supported, assuming PCM" message indicates a problem with the driver.

@Guf Gufler I've gotten that message on Win NAA when the computer just doesn't connect correctly to the DAC.  Sometimes I've had to do the "restart everything" routine to get proper listing/recognition of the PCM and DSD formats.  I have to have my Lampi DAC up and running, if using a REGEN or other get that started, and then start the NUC NAA.   You can look in the Windows Device Manager to see that Combo and Amanero are both listed, Amanero in the Audio Devices section and Combo in I think USB ports.  If all else fails I'd uninstall and re-install the Combo 384 driver.

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...

@ted_b  have you tried adjusting the Buffer in HQP?  For my dCS with a SMS-200 running NAA one of the SOtM firmware updates introduced occasional random pops and ticks.  Interesting to note that the ticks were all over the soundfield so it didn’t always affect both channels the same.  Also, the frequency of occurrence increased with increasing sample rate.  Maybe an indicator.  The solution in my case was to set the Buffer at 5msec.  I played around and then set it at the lowest value that was noise free.  My NUC NAA with Win10 Pro never has issues at the Default Buffer setting at up DSD512! All on the same network / switch.  Of course, YMMV.   In general, it’s interesting that seemingly equivalent setups give such different behavior!