IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

Hi Miska,

in the past I used NAA with an USB-DAC. I changed my DAC against a Merging Hapi who connects through Ravenna. I would like to ask if NAD will be able to connect to the Hapi, didn’t try jet. I know that Merging has developed a Linux based driver, but they seem to give it only to definite player developers due to the fact that specific properties had to be introduced in dependency of the player. So player developers like you are will need to contact Merging directly in order to get support. Are you planning to extend your Linux HQPlayer Version to be used with Ravenna ?

best Regards

Sigi

Hi Miska,

When I start the latest version of NAD I get:

api-ms-Win-core-libraryloader-I1-2-1.dll missing.

If I start version 3.5.0.0 I get:

[c:\NAD.exer] (1996) discovery from [ : :fff:169.254.93.126%12]:49185

It is strange, IP address of the Hapi is 169.254.1.165

cheers

Sigi

I managed to connect with 3.5.0.0 , but streaming is still making problem. 

Wanted to use the latest version of NAD, but still the problem with api-ms-Win-core- libraryloader-I1-2-1.dll missing. VS 2017 installed, same Problem. All updates of win 2012 R2, apart from security updates ( am mainly not in the internet ), same problem.

Do you have any idea what I could try?

cheers

Sigi

Bibo01, I am using win 2012 R2.

Would like to change the operating system, but my problem is the driver I will need for the Merging. I tried Win 10, but had always problems while streaming. Streaming suddenly stopped and after a few seconds started again. The same with the OS itself. That’s why I returned to win2012 R2. Very much stable than win10, at least in my configuration. Miska, your bootable image is Linux, am I right? Or am I missing something?

cheers

Sigi

No, I will not use NAA if it is possible to switch to Linux. Only tried NAA in conjunction with windows, to see if an improvement can be achieved. 

My problem is that Merging don’t seem to be willing to give me the driver. Till now I didn’t get an answer.

cheers

Sigi