IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

Help Please

I am trying to install HQPlayer NAA onto a NanoPi Neo

I have installed the Armbian distro

Downloaded and installed https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/stretch/networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb

The installation runs and a message comes up saying "configuring networkaudiod"

The end user license says "Click I agree" but no Iagee , or cancel , button is evident.

Did you get the HQP NAA working on your NanoPi Neo ?.

I am trying to do the same thing on a NanoPi M1.

When I try to install the https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/stretch/networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb there is a dependency error. It says it needs libstdc++6 (>=5.2). The installed version of libstdc++6 is 4.9.2-10 which is the latest available from Debian.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Stephen

I had the same problem when using the Armbian Jessie Image. I fixed it by using the Xenial image that Armbian also provided for the Neo.

I notice that there is no Xenial image for the M1. Maybe somebody on the Armbian forum can sort it for you. They have been very helpful with me.

Let me know how you get on. I am looking at moving to an Orange Pi + 2E as it has a Gigabit ethernet port which might work with the Gigabit Fibre Media Converters that I have. I cant get the fibre to work with the slower ethernet of the Neo despite the Media Converters being advertised as auto negotiating. Armbian do not have a Xenial image for the Orange Pi + 2E so will need to find a way to overcome the same problem.

Regards

Carl Mawer

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I will ask over on the Armbian forums about a Xenial image for the NanoPi M1. Since all these boards (incl. the Orange Pi + 2E) are all AllWinner H3 SoC based maybe it is not too hard to do... who knows...

I will report back on my progress.

Thanks to the Armbian guys I have now downloaded a beta version of Ubuntu (ARMBIAN Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS 3.4.113-sun8i) onto my NanoPi M1.

Then I logged in as root user and downloaded the networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb package using

wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/trusty/networkaudiod_3.4.0-29_amd64.deb

and then installed it using

apt-get install ./networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb

At the end there is an error - not sure if this is important ( ?).

N: Can't drop privileges for downloading as file '/root/networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb' couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)

With HQPlayer desktop running on a macMini on the same LAN it can’t find any NetWork Audio Adaptors.

Back to the SoC where I installed the NAA. If I use

ps –ef

to list processes.

Or

service --status-all

to list all services.

There is no mention of “networkaudiod” anywhere. So it seems the NetWork Audio Adaptor is not running.

Have I missed something, am I doing something wrong ?.

Thanks to the Armbian guys I have now downloaded a beta version of Ubuntu (ARMBIAN Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS 3.4.113-sun8i) onto my NanoPi M1.

Then I logged in as root user and downloaded the networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb package using

wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/trusty/networkaudiod_3.4.0-29_amd64.deb

and then installed it using

apt-get install ./networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb

At the end there is an error - not sure if this is important ( ?).

N: Can't drop privileges for downloading as file '/root/networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb' couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)

With HQPlayer desktop running on a macMini on the same LAN it can’t find any NetWork Audio Adaptors.

Back to the SoC where I installed the NAA. If I use

ps –ef

to list processes.

Or

service --status-all

to list all services.

There is no mention of “networkaudiod” anywhere. So it seems the NetWork Audio Adaptor is not running.

Have I missed something, am I doing something wrong ?.

Problem solved.

I ran the code..

[color=#000000][font=Menlo]service networkaudiod start
[/font][/color]

I now have audio via HQ Player on the MacMini to the SoC's speakers via Network Audio Adaptor...:-)))