IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

totally beginner with NAA ( i need to find a solution to feed in native DSD a amanero usb card with HQP)

I'm in this same boat.

I have a microRendu that's set to arrive tomorrow (can't wait), but as it is Linux based, my Amanero/Lampi DAC will be limited to DoP and therefore DSD128 with the microRendu. DSD256 with my DAC currently requires Windows, AFAIK.

I'm looking for some kind of software client that can receive HQP's NAA output that runs on Windows (yes Windows). With that, I can compare the sound of a highly optimized Windows-based NAA system at DSD256 with the HQP NAA/microRendu running at DSD128.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Thanks so much ted_b. I figured it would be easy, but I didn't know it'd be *that* easy!

I can't wait to compare HQP/Jplay/Dual PC to HQP NAA/Dual PC to HQP NAA/microRendu. This will be fun!

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Thanks so much ted_b. I figured it would be easy, but I didn't know it'd be *that* easy!

I can't wait to compare HQP/Jplay/Dual PC to HQP NAA/Dual PC to HQP NAA/microRendu. This will be fun!

I've gotten NAA mode to work, Windows to Windows, but only on my untreated Win10 laptop. Even so, the sound was excellent.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get networkaudiod.exe going on my optimized Windows Server 2012 machine. The recommended Microsoft download with the necessary dll's wouldn't intstall on WS2012. Is there another way to get the necessary dll's in place?

Thanks,

Keith

Which dlls are missing?

There's a good chance that if you copy the missing dll or dlls from your Win 10 Windows\System32 directory and put them in the same directory on your WS2012 machine where networkaudiod resides, it will work.

Thanks for the prompt response. As logical as your suggestion is, it didn't turn out to work for me. My WS2012 machine was asking for a file that a search of my entire Win 10 directory couldn't find. And yes, I had system and hidden files included in the search.

I was able to get it to work, however. What I had to do was update my WS2012 installation. And then update it again, and again. It literally took hours to get it fully updated, but now I have a Dual WS2012 Core, Audiophile Optimized, HQP NAA system and for the first time, I can really use DSD256! It's time to run CloneZilla and back up my entire setup, since it's taken a lot of work (cumulatively) to get to this point.

Sometime tommorow, my new microRendu will arrive and I'll be able to see how it compares at a Amanero/Linux/DoP limited (for me) DSD128.

Thanks again. This is great community.

• 1 month later...
Jussi, could you summarize the combination(s) of HQP/NAA versions...

I know where to find the betas of HQP, but if there are newer/beta versions of the NAA, where can I find them?

Thanks,

Keith