IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

Quick tip: don’t use wifi. I suspect my router (Apple Airport Extreme) introduce latency when bridging wifi and Lan.

Even on gigabit Lan I had some very occasional dropouts. I then added an external gigabit switch. This removed the last dropouts.

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/v3/osx/

The NAA has no GUI or setting. Just install and select Open from Finder. It will run from a Terminal window.

The select the NAA from the Backend setting i HQPlayer desktop.

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for a really simple route to try out a spare PC as an NAA.

Well, the simples way is to skip Linux and install it on Windows: Index of /bins/naa/v3/win/

But you that is nor what you wanted to do?

• 2 months later...

Yes. Under the Application tab, click on the HQPlayer icon.

• 3 months later...

I had lost of dropouts even at lower rates. Found out my Apple Extreme (tall) router was not fast enough. A big ugly Netgear R8000 router fixed it.

Ok, I see. Although I didn’t use a Chord dac.

In my case I was doing wifi to ethernet – the Extreme was not up to the task even at DSD64. Now my setup is different (Roon server and HQP on separate machine.

Chord USB interface is strange piece and seems to be extremely sensitive. IIRC, I've been driving iFi iDSD Micro with same speeds without issues using microRendu...

The mR is not a true gigabit device – it can only do 450(?) mbit. That mean the router need to do some negotiating between network devices. The R8000 has a co-processor specifically for this task.

Maybe. DoP has a large overhead – DSD128 is transmitted via 24/358 kHz PCM. Have you tried even higher PCM rates? I still suspect the latency/buffering occurs at the router, not the mR.