IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

I setup my NAA on a purpose built for audio machine which uses a purpose built for audio version of Windows embedded. By using Windows embedded I was able to bring the overhead down to Linux levels. This configuration also allows me to use an ASIO driver in order to natively stream DSD rather than using DOP.

Hi Blizzard,

Speaking of Windows embeded do you mean the use of the leatest Windows 10 IoT for NAA?

I'm wondering if there's posible to use Win10 IoT on RPi 2 with NAA?

Does it have support? Has anyone tried NAA on RPi 2 with Windows 10 IoT?

Win 10 IoT (Internet of Things) Core looks interesting - wonder if it actually *is* interesting? But this is likely OT, ....

No, it's exactly we try to discuss a possible use of IoT version as NAA - guess it's not OT.

You can get Core and install graphical shell (Visual Studio) and driver pack on it.

So I presume it would be possible to get ASIO working.

And yes it's free download, but you would flash it to SD from Windows 10 if installed.

• 4 weeks later...
On your screenshot NAA is called "default". On Windows you cannot use HQPlayer interface (at the moment) to set names for NAA so that it would persist. But in the latest NAA package there's "networkaudiod_name.bat" where you can edit the name and use for starting the networkaudiod.

Well, I did edit NAA name in _name.bat but it didn't change in HQP settings and appears as same "default". Can't switch it again, sorry...

Are you sure you started networkaudiod using the bat and not accidentally straight the exe? I've tested it and has been working for me, so I wonder what is going wrong.

P.S. The altdsd bat thingie is for people using Playback Designs or Merging DAC...

I can't start NAA using _name.bat even with smart screen off... I guess I turned off all the security settings now. What else can be done? Maybe I do something wrong by running bat file? I'm on Win10

• 2 weeks later...

I often experience that NAA closes by itself in WS 2012 R2 minimal mode (if matters?), sometime by changing album playback.

I'm running NAA headless so it's a bit annoying to restart the machine every time it occurs.

I'm using bat file networkaudiod_name to start NAA in server task schedule console.

Is there any known reason for such a behavior? Thanks in advance for any suggest.

Is this with the 3.1.0 version? It would be helpful if you could run the bat from command prompt window so that you could capture the last printed out messages without the window closing in case there's an error

Yes 3.1.0.

I guess when I restart bat from cmd it don't stop after it. Anyway will try to check again.

It's one chinese DAC of Musiland with FPGA on PCM 5102, supports upsampling to 32/384, proved as really robust yet, a very good sounding and cheap.

Is this with the 3.1.0 version? It would be helpful if you could run the bat from command prompt window so that you could capture the last printed out messages without the window closing in case there's an error

Here I worked out the error with HQP desktop loosing connection to NAA through cmd, please look below:

[networkaudiod] (2688): start 384000/32/2 [pcm]

[networkaudiod] (2688): Set channels: 2 (2)

[networkaudiod] (2688): Set sampling rate: 384000 (384000)

[networkaudiod] (2688): ASIO channels: 0 in / 2 out

[networkaudiod] (2688): Output channel 0: Left

[networkaudiod] (2688): Output channel 1: Right

[networkaudiod] (2688): ASIO buffer sizes: 768/30720/38400 granularity: 8

[networkaudiod] (2688): Using ASIO default buffer size

[networkaudiod] (2688): Using ASIO buffer size: 30720

[networkaudiod] (2688): Latencies: 30791/30735

[networkaudiod] (2688): Using ASIO output ready notifications

[networkaudiod] (2688): ASIO engine started at 384 kHz, 2 channels, 30720 sample

buffer (2 channels)

[networkaudiod] (2688): ASIO engine running at: 384000

[networkaudiod] (2688): enter streaming mode

[networkaudiod] (2688): ASIO engine stopped

[networkaudiod] (2688): exception: clAlignedAlloc::SetSize(): lAllocSize < 0

C:\Users\Administrator>

I just uploaded version 3.1.1 for Windows. It may help, although I cannot say for sure where the problem is as I cannot reproduce it.

I just got it again (still using 3.1.0) and now sure it happens when cueing a new album through Muso "on the fly" i.e. when current album IS still playing. Guess that's communication issue with two applications, if you could help this. I didn't try it directly since I haven't any library in HQPlayer. Maybe it helps you to reproduce it now? If 3.1.1 can fix this, then - fine.

I just uploaded version 3.1.1 for Windows. It may help, although I cannot say for sure where the problem is as I cannot reproduce it.

Just installed 3.1.1 and 3.9.0.1 desktop and the NAA stop issue comes every time now when I go to interrupt the currently playing album with another one controlling via muso or recent Jeoffs' .bat effort JRiver.

I cannot reproduce the situation playing directly in HQPlayer since album change goes only after stop in full screen there if I'm right?

If any chance to help?

Thanks,

Alex

• 4 years later...
11 hours ago, Miska said:

It is not enabled at the moment. Linux kernel seems to include drivers for SFC6000 and SFC9000/SFC9100 series, I don't know if those are applicable for SFN6xxx.

The "sfc" stands for net driver for the Linux kernel provided by Solarflare. Assuming that SFC6000 is for SNF6xxx series NICs, they may be applicable, so they should be enabled in Linux kernel?

2 hours ago, Miska said:

There are two separate drivers in Linux kernel for those two series, with driver description saying what I repeated above. So I'm not sure if the assumption is correct or not.

Well thanks, guess I'll wait 'till mine arrives here, then dare to second this my request, or would it to ask you to enable both be too much?😔

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, jabbr said:

Sure! one would expect that if any part of linux causes a difference with NAA it would be the kernel e.g. low-latency or realtime kernel patches. These are generally distribution independent.

Willing to try debian since non of the latest hqp naa bootable images seem to support solarflare. Which distro do you mean would be enough only for naa usage? Live-SD/USB? Aiming for minimal installation, only naa>sfp. Also need advise to install/enable the drivers if any? Not very competent in linux though... Thanks in advance