IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Miska said:

Here you can also see the real world power consumption level of the NAA. I'd say this is pretty low power device capable of running the Spring 3 up to 1.5M PCM and DSD1024!

With what settings?  I must be doing something wrong because I have been playing with all kinds of combinations lately and they all seem to eat up power like crazy when upsampling to DSD.

No electron left behind.

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, davide256 said:

mmm, I was unable to boot NAS off USB earlier after imaging with naa-4123-x64, just went to original Stylus boot on USB stick. When I tried to copy the image to a different USB

stick under Fedora it gave me a select box for RPI2 or RPI3 image. Is this actually an image for intel (Atom) processor?

Can I ask a question here?

Why are you trying to boot your NAS from an NAA image?

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, davide256 said:

crossed wires, was atom endpoint. @Mischa I went ahead and flashed a second actual USB stick successfully with Rufus, for some reason Balena Etcher did not correctly image an SDXC card in a USB stick holder. running off USB boot for the moment and will give a try tomorrow to reimage the internal eMMC.

Ah, that makes sense. The developer of HQP is @Miska  @Mischa is going to be confused as hell when he gets these notifications.

No electron left behind.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SpaceGhost said:

I'm really struggling to maintain my support of Ubiquiti 😕 Freshly built Windows 11 box (to act as something of a media and home server) and HQPlayer can't find the NAA agent on the sms-200. Investigation points to the bad / lack of multicast and IGMP proxy support on the UDP Pro and managed switches. Sigh.

I'm looking for resolutions, but in the meantime @Miska or anyone: Is it possible to configure HQPlayer to target a specific IP for the NAA rather than relying on discovery through multicast? That would get me back up and running in the short term!

I also have a managed Ubuquiti network and multiple NAAs around the house and they all work fine. Are you sure one of the two endpoints isn't on a different vlan than the other?

No electron left behind.

21 minutes ago, dericchan1 said:

Sorry, another silly question. In the hqplayer library settings, is there an easy way to search for a particular folder/album in the library? 

say I wanted to remove one album from “Supertramp” since I changed the folder location, is there a way I can search for that folder/album or maybe type in the first letter “s” that will bring me to the “s”. Right now I need to scroll all the way from A down to S to find that album or reverse the order and scroll from Z to S.

thanks 🙏  🙏 

Deric

You can do a basic search from the control client, but if you delete albums or move them, you'll need to do another scan before HQP can see and play that album.

No electron left behind.

Just now, dericchan1 said:

Thanks for your response but search in the client app doesn’t help that much since at the end I still need to scroll all the way down in the library setting in order to remove it before rescan. (Without removing the bad link, it will show up twice in the client app) 

Deric

Not if you do a clean scan.

No electron left behind.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
32 minutes ago, robi20064 said:

I couldn't agree more! However it seems we are just a minority in the grand scheme of things, and even tho implementing NAA on the endpoint would be relatively simple (according to Miska) there are limited resources everywhere for firmware development and not enough demand to justify the need. Still, one can hope.

My Pacific DAC is currently running NAA software versus the Roon Bridge that came as standard in the ethernet input.

No electron left behind.

I think it can't be difficult to take a Raspberry Pi compute module, create your own ethernet input with the same effort some manufacturers put into their usb inputs, a user accessible SD card for the software of the users choice, and you have a DAC with a high performance network input that's not locked down to any specific software.

It can be done, it's just a matter of willingness.

edit 1:

essentially this, but integrated into the DAC itself, not an external box.

https://www.kitsunehifi.com/product/holoaudio-red-ddc-network-streamer/

edit 2:

Or this, with something like a JCAT USB XE card in the one PCI slot for those that like to tinker.

https://www.raspberrypi.com/products/compute-module-4-io-board/

No electron left behind.

• 8 months later...
34 minutes ago, privacyguy123 said:

Sorry man, those apps suck. I already pay for Tidal to supply me FLAC - I was hoping to hook it all together with a Pi but I see now I have misunderstood a lot.

Does the "Pro" version of the RME ADI-2 allow input and output to be used at the same time or is that impissible on any DAC?

I am gonna have to strongly disagree that HQPlayer, Embedded or Desktop, "suck."  HQPlayer is one of the best bits of software available for computer based audio at a level firt for an Audiophile.

No electron left behind.

27 minutes ago, privacyguy123 said:

HQP/HQPE are amazing ... Roon, BubbleUPNP and all these other "frontends" suck. Tidal is the front end, it's just disappointing to me that auto sample rate switching can't play nicer with it.

As the guy above me says - I am looking for a "unicorn" : such a thing doesn't seem to exist, as hard as I find that to believe in the age of AI and advanced technology.

Ah, have you tried JPLAY?

No electron left behind.

21 minutes ago, privacyguy123 said:

What does it do that I would want for my proposed setup?

More paid software that "just plays music" I've already paid for???

it doesn't actually play music, it is a UPnP front end that is a control point between the server and end point, it puts your libraries whether its local or from TIDAL and Qobuz into one place and lets you select what goes where. Right now I am using it to stream Qobuz to HQP Embedded.

If you want money for nothing and your software for free, I think Dire Straits sang a song about that.

Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 5.45.19 PM.png

No electron left behind.