IGNORED

Article: RMAF 2012 CanJam

Chris,

I've got the Cavalli Liquid Fire shown here and the Audeze LCD2's. An incredible sound. You mentioned the LCD3 and they are spectacular. I will be moving on to those myself. Try and give the Liquid Fire a listen with the LCD3's if you get a chance.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

THe Fostex's look comfortable. I like my Grado 325i but they are a bit painful after some time. Were the Fostex's ok on the ears for the time you had them?

Synology DS211J NAS-->CAPS2-->Bifrost -->Audioengine A5+ actives

same-->Macbook Pro 2010-->Audirvana-->Audiinst HUD MX-1-->Grado 325i headphones

same-->wireless bridge-->Sonos-->MF VDAC1-->Yaqin MC100B-->Celestion A3

THe Fostex's look comfortable. I like my Grado 325i but they are a bit painful after some time. Were the Fostex's ok on the ears for the time you had them?

I have Grado RS1 headphones and I know what you mean when you say painful. I love the sound but can't stand the lack of comfort. The Fostex were very comfortable.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris,

I own a Fostex TH900 too, and I personally prefer this over the warmer, darker sounding LCD-3. That being said, did you try listening to the new Fosgate Signature headphone amplifier? You seem to have taken a couple of pictures of it. I was curious about how it sounds, but no one who's been to CanJam this year had anything to say about it.

• 1 month later...

I have recently purchased the Fostex TH900 absolutely awesome headphone - I much prefer the sound signature (more euphonic no nasty treble siblance) over the HD800 which IMO only bests the TH900 in the sound staging area. I used to own the Grado RS2 and had to sell them due to comfort issues despite purchasing new foam cups. I did like the Grado's and thought they were good value sound wise.

Chris,

I've got the Cavalli Liquid Fire shown here and the Audeze LCD2's. An incredible sound. You mentioned the LCD3 and they are spectacular. I will be moving on to those myself. Try and give the Liquid Fire a listen with the LCD3's if you get a chance.

KD, I'm looking at a few amps to drive Senn 650's, spoke with ALO, they just dropped the Cavalli line as they were unable to get product. Emailed Alex Cavalli and he put me on the list for Liquid Fire Rev2 coming in March supposedly. Looking hard at Burson Soloist in the meantime both rated at 4w output, and of course the LF is tube,, How do you rate your LF for jazz listening? I imagine it's great. I'm a little concerned about LF availability as there are none stock anywhere that I could find which is not really a good sign this time of year?

1.AsusROG750SSD/JRiver22>LightHarmonics-LightspeedUSB> PSAudioDSD+Huron/AnalysisPlus PowerOval10+ AnalysisPlus Solo Crystal In's >PASS Labs HPA-1 headphone amp-AnalysisPlus UltimatePowerCord/BlackDragonV2-AudezeLCD-X