IGNORED

JRiver tips and techniques: user experiences repository

ted_b

Figured I would put this here. JRiver for mac has updated to 19.0.84 It updated for me automatically, which I found a bit irritating but have now disabled that feature...

I had the same thing happen to me. How did you disable automatic installation of updates? I did a quick check in Options but couldn't find it.

TIA

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

I just deep sixed JRiver. Everytime I opened it I found a new problem. I don't listen to music to troubleshoot software or Beta Test for JRiver.

Sorry to hear this. My experience with JRiver has been quite the opposite. I started using it on my Mac a few week ago and don't see myself ever going back to iTunes again. Although the interface could be more Mac-like, it is rock steady on my system.

• 3 months later...
Brilliant thread. I've already employed a good few of the tips here. I wonder if someone can help me with something though. For the life of me I can't quite get it to work in practise as it does in my head.

I have all my files pretty well organised on one 2TB drive. They are organised in this way...

Artist > flac/mp3 > album

I generally have a flac folder and an mp3 folder of every/most albums. The mp3 folder is for the car.

Anyway, I'd like to create a view which just shows flac files but which still retains the Artist/Album file structure. Can this be done? Not by me anyway. Can someone help me achieve this please? I've followed what I thought was the way to go but it never works right. What am I missing?

Edit - I've actually managed to do it pretty much except it's showing the flac/mp3 parent folder also. So I'm seeing say,

Jethro Tull / flac / Aqualung

Whereas what I want to see is

Jethro Tull / Aqualung

How do I prevent it from showing that parent folder?

Perhaps create multiple libraries. One for mp3 files and one for flacs.

• 2 months later...
Is there someplace i can download them from. I prefer to download and watch offline.

thanks

The Dropbox links in Ted's post should allow you to download the videos.

• 1 month later...
I think I have converted DSF files to 24 bi,88.2khz FLAC files in the past (several months ago.) JRiver was recently updated and now it only seems to allow me to convert to 24bit,352.8khz. If I then try to downsample to 88.2 I get the same file. Am I imaging my past successful experience? Attached are the DSP setting I am using. I am fairly sure these are the settings I have used in the past.

Two things to try:

- Check the box in the upper left corner to enable conversion

- Change the output format for 352.8 (third from bottom) to 88.2.

The internal format for DSD to PCM conversion is at 1/8th the DSD rate. For 1xDSD that is 352.8kHz

The preference used to be for "Above 192kHz" which meant that 1xDSD (352.8kHz) would use that setting.

More options were added recently, so 1xDSD is now handled by the 352.8kHz setting rather than "Above 384kHz"

Thanks for the additional information. I suspected that my advice would work but I didn't know exactly why.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Been using JRiver for about 3 years now and am still getting the hang of many things. Really looking for an offline database tool for use outside the home.

Use Gizmo as the remote but am really looking for a way to do an offline database of my library. I have 1700+ discs and have to check the library while away from home so I don't buy duplicate discs. Any suggestions? I do have a PDF output of my library list on my phone and it works but is really ugly and not searchable. Would love an app ala Gizmo or maybe JRemote that retails the albums and coverart when not connected to JRiver. Any ideas or suggestions? Am I missing something? Do either of these remotes have that capability?

Thanks

I had a similar need a year or so ago so I output my library as a CSV file and then used an app called CSV Lite to view on my phone. No cover art but the database was searchable.