IGNORED

JRiver tips and techniques: user experiences repository

ted_b

Hey Ted, thank you vey much for the videos, it was of great help.

I had a look at the expression languages wiki but couldn't use anything for what I'd like, so maybe can you tell me how do you remove a text from the album title? In the second video you explained how to add 24-88 text next to the title to differentiate from readbook to 24 bit, but what about remove it from every album title on the library, is it even possible?

• 5 weeks later...
Pasted below, but easier to search this page for "remove". Yes, it's possible. In this case, you would replace "filename" with "album". IIRC, the beauty of this is you could paste the correct expressions across infinite files, just as long is they all need the trim you set. It works very well.

Expression Language - JRiverWiki

Right(…): Retrieves a specified number of characters from the right of a string

Description right(string, quantity)

The Right() function retrieves the specified quantity of characters from the right of the string. If quantity is larger than the length of string, the original string is returned.

Examples right([filename], 3)

Returns the last three characters from the filename (typically this is the file's suffix).

hifitubes, could you give me an example? or maybe you, ted?

I have a whole bunch of albums with (16-48) next to the album title and I would like to remove that string on all the albums. what command should i use and where on the tag window should I put it.

much appreciated.

Go to files view. Highlight all the albums with that suffix (or in search box in right upper corner , click on pulldown arrow, pick wizard, and do "album - ends with - (16-48)" ) and then when you have the list do a control-a (i.e highlight all) and open the tag window in the lower left corner. In the album field type (without the quotes)

"=removeright([album],7)"

which means remove the last seven characters from the album name. So "Abbey Road (16-48)" becomes "Abbey Road".

As always, undo is your friend.

you are the man, mr. ted. can't thank you enough.
  • 6 months later...
What name are you looking to put it catalog #? If album name, just highlight everything you want to update, then type this in catalog # (or any field)

=[album]

or if you want name in there

=[name]

undo is your friend

However why do this? Maybe your only issue is moving fields around in Jriver to see them better?

Hi ted, thank you.

Sorry, I expressed myself wrong. I want to place what is in the catalog# tag field next to the album name (in brackets). The catalog# tag will be left untouched.

I want to do this so I can import all the music into iTunes as well. I have more than one version for a couple of albums.

• 5 months later...
Just loaded JRiver MC20 onto a Macbook Pro running Mavericks. I'm getting an occasional hangup on audio playback, I guess it could be described as a pop, it just sounds like the track hangs for a very brief moment during playback. I can't seem to reliably recreate it, but it does come and go. Sometimes it does stop for a while when I restart the program. I've tried a variety of DSP settings as well as audio device settings, changing buffer sizes, memory playback and so forth, nothing seems to consistently work.

I have the exact same problem as you. Tried everything. Audio buffer as well.

Check out my thread on their forum.

JRiver 20 and Safari