IGNORED

JRiver tips and techniques: user experiences repository

ted_b

A slight variation - not impugning the advise given by Mercman - lots of different ways to do it.

I have both Audirvana and MC18/19 (just moved fully to MC19). I store all my music files on my NAS. I don't let iTunes organize my library (personal taste). I use XLD to rip my CDs. I do most of my tagging in XLD (including updates to cover art and embed them within the files). XLD automatically places them in the correct music folder on my NAS. I store my DSD and high resolution files in separate folders on the NAS (thus one folder for DSD, one for high resolution and one for CDs). I don't really need to organize it that way for MC as no special import process of FLAC and DSD files is required for MC, unlike Audirvana integrated with iTunes).

Anyway, then I do import the new albums into iTunes and/or Audirvana (if FLAC or DSD) and use auto import with MC. The process is a lot easier with MC because it just watches the folders I designate for new files.

I have used MC for many, many months now so I am very very used to it, and to be honest I find the music management capabilities and the capability to locate albums and tunes much easier with MC and JRemote at this point in time, YMMV.

Barr

I do the same but with the exception that I've given up with iTunes. It's just a complete pain compared to JRiver. XLD > NAS > JRiver = :-)

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos