IGNORED

Crosby, Stills & Nash - HDTracks

Great info guys...

Based on what has been reported here, I think I will stick with my Hoffman mastered CD version from Audio Fidelity. That disc has an overall DR value of 11.

I'm still curious to see some data and/or hear the impressions of others here on the 192/24 Daylight Again download. However, after being burned last week with the latest round of compressed R.E.M. 192/24 downloads, I'm not in much of a mood to give HDTracks any more of my hard earned $$$...

I will do the same firedog, and will make sure to explain to HDTracks what I didn't like. Hoping that it can be pushed back up the chain to whoever is making these decisions to apply heavy handed compression.

In another recent thread concerning the new R.E.M. downloads, I mentioned expressing my concerns to HDTracks regarding the excessive compression employed on the new releases. The HDTracks customer support folks did nothing for me, unfortunately. They went as far to say they had been receiving positive comments, and that I was the first person to complain. If that observation is even remotely true, it seems to imply that their customer base, at some level, has become brainwashed with the "Mastered For iTunes" philosophy.