IGNORED

Auraltiti PK90 / Rega DAC / Nordost Cables

When I received the Naim, I never tried to do a compare of Auarliti vs. ND5 or Rega vs. ND5. I simply pulled both and put the ND5 in. I would have liked to, but I really needed to sell them right away to pay for the ND5 and could not make the time.

With regards to sound I think I most of the gains were in detail and space. It seems to have better imagining and space between the instruments with clearer detail on top. The best way I can explain it is the music seems to be layered. If there are three instruments playing I can hear all three together but also easily pick out each individual piece. This was present before, but is much easier to define now.

The ND5 has is also a step up from usability. I no longer need to disconnect the Auraliti to add new music. I can just rip directly to the VortexBox and it is there. The UPnP finds my music right away. Since I have a Naim Integrated I have also connected them so the N-Stream controls the volume and sources. This may only apply if you have a Naim Pre, but I still like it.

I tried the Auraliti connected to the Rega DAC through direct USB and also an Async USB to SPDIF. If you look at the Rega specs and reviews, both measure almost exactly the same, and I would say this was my experience as well.

Jsmith. thanks for the insight!

I also liked the N-Stream app, I think is above the average in usability. I used it when I tested my loudspeakers.