IGNORED

Auraltiti PK90 / Rega DAC / Nordost Cables

CA Community,

I have changed out some of my gear and need to sell off the old stuff to fund it. I wish I could keep all of this but that is not the case. This setup has served me well and I would recommend any of the components.

Rega DAC (Black)- $725

You can read all about the Rega DAC here:

DAC

I have owned this unit for just under a year. I am the original owner and purchased from a local audio shop.

Overall the unit is in very good condition. There are two little scuffs on the top, and I have included photos (3&4) highlighting this with the red box.

Auraliti PK90 - $525

You can read about the Auraliti PK90 here:

Store

If you are on the Computer Audiophile website, then there is a good chance you are familiar with this unit. If not, do a quick search and you will find lots of great recommendations.

The Auraliti is a purpose built unit strictly for high quality computer audio. I have been using this with an external USB powered hard drive and the MPaD control with great success.

Nordost 1.0m Blue Heaven USB - $150 or $125 if purchased with Auraliti or Rega

Nordost : Products : Blue Heaven USB 2.0 Data Cable

Nordost 1.0m Blue Heaven LS Interconnects - $175 or $150 if purchased with Auraliti or Rega

Nordost : Products : Blue Heaven LS Analog Interconnect

Shipping Details:

• All prices listed here include shipping to the lower 48 states and insurance via UPS.

• The Rega and Auraliti will be double boxed and include the original boxes.

Payment Details:

• My preference is to sell in the US only

• My preference is to transact through PayPal

• PayPal fees are included in the price

Rega DAC Images

Dac1.jpg

Dac2.jpg

Dac3.jpg

Dac4.jpg

Auraliti Images

Auraliti1.jpg

Auraliti2.jpg

Nordost USB

2012-09-06 09.20.17.jpg

Nordost Analog

2012-09-06 09.20.44.jpg

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

Auraliti and Nordost USB have been sold. Rega DAC and Nordost RCA's still for sale.

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

Rega DAC (Black)- Reduced to $675.00

Nordost 1.0m Blue Heaven LS Interconnects - $150 or $125 if purchased with Rega DAC

All has been sold.

• 3 weeks later...
What do you think you gained on the new setup?

How much better or different is

- the source (ND5 vs Auraliti)?

- and the dac, (ND5 vs Rega)?

One final question, were you using the USB connection between Auraliti and Rega?

When I received the Naim, I never tried to do a compare of Auarliti vs. ND5 or Rega vs. ND5. I simply pulled both and put the ND5 in. I would have liked to, but I really needed to sell them right away to pay for the ND5 and could not make the time.

With regards to sound I think I most of the gains were in detail and space. It seems to have better imagining and space between the instruments with clearer detail on top. The best way I can explain it is the music seems to be layered. If there are three instruments playing I can hear all three together but also easily pick out each individual piece. This was present before, but is much easier to define now.

The ND5 has is also a step up from usability. I no longer need to disconnect the Auraliti to add new music. I can just rip directly to the VortexBox and it is there. The UPnP finds my music right away. Since I have a Naim Integrated I have also connected them so the N-Stream controls the volume and sources. This may only apply if you have a Naim Pre, but I still like it.

I tried the Auraliti connected to the Rega DAC through direct USB and also an Async USB to SPDIF. If you look at the Rega specs and reviews, both measure almost exactly the same, and I would say this was my experience as well.

When I received the Naim, I never tried to do a compare of Auarliti vs. ND5 or Rega vs. ND5. I simply pulled both and put the ND5 in. I would have liked to, but I really needed to sell them right away to pay for the ND5 and could not make the time.

With regards to sound I think I most of the gains were in detail and space. It seems to have better imagining and space between the instruments with clearer detail on top. The best way I can explain it is the music seems to be layered. If there are three instruments playing I can hear all three together but also easily pick out each individual piece. This was present before, but is much easier to define now.

The ND5 has is also a step up from usability. I no longer need to disconnect the Auraliti to add new music. I can just rip directly to the VortexBox and it is there. The UPnP finds my music right away. Since I have a Naim Integrated I have also connected them so the N-Stream controls the volume and sources. This may only apply if you have a Naim Pre, but I still like it.

I tried the Auraliti connected to the Rega DAC through direct USB and also an Async USB to SPDIF. If you look at the Rega specs and reviews, both measure almost exactly the same, and I would say this was my experience as well.

Jsmith. thanks for the insight!

I also liked the N-Stream app, I think is above the average in usability. I used it when I tested my loudspeakers.