IGNORED

MIT Oracle MA-X interconnects

Chris you need these!

I have 2 pair of MIT Oracle MA-X RCA interconnects 1.5m long. New in early 2009. $8000 new sell for $3500 ea. OBO

I have 1 pair of MIT Oracle MA-X RCA interconnects 8m long, special LOW impedance build (Spectral). New in early 2009. $9000 new sell for $3000 ea. OBO

Cables are all in excellent condition.

Jeff

MIT Cables boxes.jpg

Nope, still have the M5's and the Spectral electronics. Do not plan on changing them anytime soon. I just am upgrading to the MA-X rev 2 cables for a couple of reasons. The new cables use smaller barrels on the RCA's and that allows me to use some places where the older MA-X would not work, like the Ayre DAC. So it was just a good time to scratch an itch and upgrade something! Still waiting for Spectral to release a DAC and a Phono section!

Nope, still have the M5's and the Spectral electronics. Do not plan on changing them anytime soon. I just am upgrading to the MA-X rev 2 cables for a couple of reasons. The new cables use smaller barrels on the RCA's and that allows me to use some places where the older MA-X would not work, like the Ayre DAC. So it was just a good time to scratch an itch and upgrade something! Still waiting for Spectral to release a DAC and a Phono section!

Great to hear.

I can't wait for the Spectral DAC. Too bad there is no real timeline or release date.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Great to hear.

I can't wait for the Spectral DAC. Too bad there is no real timeline or release date.

Would you happen to know if there actually are plans for a Spectral DAC (other than the one built into their CD player)? Or would Keith Johnson's relationship with the Berkeley folks preclude that?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Would you happen to know if there actually are plans for a Spectral DAC (other than the one built into their CD player)? Or would Keith Johnson's relationship with the Berkeley folks preclude that?

I have been told that they are indeed working on one by several dealers, supposedly a prototype has been shown to a few folks. I would be willing to bet that in 2013 we will see a DAC from Spectral from what I hear.

• 3 weeks later...